Not seeing Jack S***

Al Bundy

I have hunted hard all gun season and bow season for that matter. Had a few shots during bow that I messed up. CHalk it up to new bow, new this, blah blah. OK fine. Gun season... I have seen ZERO deer while on stand. One night at quitting time, I stood up to see a flag up running quite a long ways away. Does that count? I did manage to get a shot, if you call it that, at a doe my wife pushed to me. It was running pretty hard and I missed. Other than this.. I saw a few in the field while driving by. WTF!!!! I got 4 doe tags, my regular tag, wife got the same minus one tag she got. Cant fill anything.   GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

sounds like there was some opportunity there.  learn and move on I suppose.  if the deer are that few and far between I'd re-think filling all those tags even if you've got the opportunity.  it takes deer to make more deer as you know.  good luck though!  I do hope you fill a tag or two.  if you want any input as to a game plan or questions answered, I could try to help... other than that you and your wife are you're on your own it seems.  if you can, hunt a different spot.  otherwise, maybe move the stand if you've got picked off all the time.  more often than not my best sits on a stand or in a blind are the first ones.

I have to say during bow I saw a total of 15 deer. None that seemed to be the size I was looking for. But rifle I've only seen 3! 2 big bucks a 10 pt which I shot at but missed by shooting right over his back. A doe that was way to small. Then the 8 pt I shot on thanks giving! I have to say this year has been a weird season with seeing deer! I've still hunted, pushed and sat in a tree. But I also am not seeing the deer I have seen in the past. I have to say in part it has to do with the unseasonable weather we have had in the southern zone combined with the amount of food that has been available for the deer this year. I am just not impressed with this seasons deer activity! Where are you hunting dan?

This is the first in a long time I have had no buck hanging...but all due to my own error and deciding to take passes in archery...one doe in archery and one doe in gun...that is what I limit our land to...but usually I will take a doe at camp...never went to camp this year...well Spring turkey season and I did shoot a tom there

I didn't hunt certain areas due to the knee and realize I probably would have connected with the buck I was hoping for had I...Oh well ...still a good season with a lot of promise for next year...even though most of the big guys were taken on properties bordering us...

So many fawn and so many young buck seen this season...way more than normal...with lots of food still around for them this winter..They are just starting to hit the radish and turnips...and the ag clover fields are plentiful this year....I'm already planning for next season....

Im hunting 7h and 7j. Plenty of deer. Many many across the street all summer walking and grazing. Just staying away from my area. My land is tough. Houses, antis. Had visits from the DEC both sat and sun opening weekend. I really need a different spot and am looking to buy/rent land. Real hard in my area though. 

I was thinking though my stand was made and to move. But.. the space is so small nowhere really to move to.  Few prints in the snow. They just are not moving my way for some reason. Lucky me my wife got one for the freezer. One more weekend....

I haven't seen much either. Saw no deer from stand during bow. Only saw 4 does and one buck very far away during gun season from stand. Did see some while still hunting but they saw me first. Glad I got my buck with bow which was my goal for the season. Pissed at myself that I passed an easy shot on a doe opening day of gun. Figured I'd see more which hasn't been the case at all.

Was talking to my brother on our way home from camp yesterday. He regretted not shooting a real big spike horn opening day. We are basically weekend warriors headed to camp to deer hunt. 

I told him unless you are holding out for one of the big boys you better not waste an opportunity. I shot a doe opening morning at 7:00. It didn't scare any of the deer around and I had a nice 8 pt come into a scrape 

two hours later. She was big and the thought of letting her walk was not an option. As it goes I did not get another chance at a big doe all Thanksgiving weekend. I can't make the last weekend so I'm basically done. 

Right time right place take the shot and don't regret it. 

I had a fair bow season, didn't kill anything but was able to see my shooter 6 pointer 3 consecutive weekends up till 2 week prior to gun opener.  Just couldn't move into range.  We took one big big doe opening day and have seen one doe since.

I have plenty of does, 2 4 pointer, an enormous spike, and my shooter 6 pointer on trail cams consistently....... between the hours of 11pm and 3am.

The rut was spars this year if there even was one. LOL

Similair story here. Lots of deer sightings, cam pics and bowhunting action in Oct and early Nov when deer where feeding on apples and acorns. Then with the full moon and high winds of gun season everything changed. Deer shifted out of fhe hardwoods and fed mostly at night. Our sightings and deer kill are below average for gun season. Archery kills had stomachs full of apples and nuts. Gun kills are all corn.