First buck of the year for me.

brudaman340

Shot this guy about 3 pm today. I saw alot of good action all day bucks all over the place. I saw one big one but never came close enough. The 3rd time I saw this deer i hit the bleat can and he turned and finally walked into range but I couldnt get a good shot on him. Once i could get a shot he was about 35 yards i judged because i couldnt grab my range finder or he would of been gone. So, I shoot and watch the arrow fly right over his back like a foot high! The 5 pointer that was next to him ran off and i was like I blew it. But all the sudden he turns and walks straight to me. So I knock another arrow and draw take a 15 yard quartering toward shot and he runs 40 yards and I watch him go down. Not my biggest buck but he was big enough lol. He is a small 8 pointer.

post-118-131455368048_thumb.jpg

Good job and thank God for second chances.

A long time ago, in the 70's, my dad and I and a couple others were back on a dirt road, actually more like an off-road. We saw a buck standing in an opening. One of the guys got out and put the clip in the 30-06 and took a bead on this buck. He was about 150 yards. He missed and the deer stood there. He chambered another and missed again and then chambered another and finally hit and killed him.

We named him "dopey".