Head Shots

sampotter

Honestly?! I don't even know why this is in question ...! No offense at all to the OP, I'm just saying in general !!! If ur a head hunter u don't deserve to be in the woods , period! I've shot hogs in the head frankly cause that the best way to drop em n the targets much bigger but nothing else deserves that chance of being mamed especially a deer...

Honestly?! I don't even know why this is in question ...! No offense at all to the OP, I'm just saying in general !!! If ur a head hunter u don't deserve to be in the woods , period! I've shot hogs in the head frankly cause that the best way to drop em n the targets much bigger but nothing else deserves that chance of being mamed especially a deer...

I'm not offended and I agree. I kind of thought head shots were unethical and unacceptable but there is a recent thread in which a few people applauded the OP's successful headshot (archery) on a small doe.

I'm not offended and I agree. I kind of thought head shots were unethical and unacceptable but there is a recent thread in which a few people applauded the OP's successful headshot (archery) on a small doe.

Ya I'm aware of the thread . N to no surprise mr deer destroyer himself commented .... Mind boggling how it's even considered with the exception of putting down a wounded deer n that's ur last resort !

• Like 1

I had a stretch for two years where I shot the deer in the head blew the horn right off the top of the deer both times. I can yell you that if hit with a 12g its not gonna suffer. It will fall right over. I've shot a couple in the neck also and there's no tracking there done. So I think its more "ethical" than to have the deer running threw the woods. I don't bow hunt cause I have had to shoot to many deer with arrows stuck in them. You ever seen a deer with gangrene its nasty.

when the people fear the government there is tyranny. when the government fears the people there is liberty. Thomas Jefferson

• Like 1

I had a stretch for two years where I shot the deer in the head blew the horn right off the top of the deer both times. I can yell you that if hit with a 12g its not gonna suffer. It will fall right over. I've shot a couple in the neck also and there's no tracking there done. So I think its more "ethical" than to have the deer running threw the woods. I don't bow hunt cause I have had to shoot to many deer with arrows stuck in them. You ever seen a deer with gangrene its nasty.when the people fear the government there is tyranny. when the government fears the people there is liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Wow, I'm at a loss for words ...

• Like 1

I'm not offended by a gun shot to the head... especially if its the only shot offered.. the biggest buck I ever shot I had to shoot just behind the jaw where it met the neck... it was a 30 yards shot and was the only shot I had as the buck lay bedded behind a blow down and some saplings... he never so much as twitched after his head hit the ground.. never even moving his body from his laying down position.. the shot was quite affective.

I would not do it. To much room for error.

Buddy had a horror story that I wont repeat here. (Rifle)

Its your deer, your decision. Cant take a shot back though. Once it is in the air, that's it. Got a scare with a doe I took this year. Hit a little low, almost no blood at all. (rifle) Had a sinking feeling in my gut. The doe ran 80 yards, and died. Shot through the heart, why no blood, no idea. But that was a crappy feeling.

With a head shot, the potential is there that if the deer moves slightly.....Aint pretty.

welcome to the internet forums.... want to read my thesis sometime.. naaa, dont think your capable of reading that much... feeble attempt my friend...

Not your friend, not even close. You can take your "thesis" and shove it. I feel sorry for your patients already.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://Facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

I thought you were a proponent of archery headshots Shawnhu- at least that's how I interpreted your post in the other thread:

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:41 PM by Shawnhu        

"Good job on dropping both your targets, and nice work on the headshot. A lot of haters here when it comes to headshot deer."

I thought you were a proponent of archery headshots Shawnhu- at least that's how I interpreted your post in the other thread:

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:41 PM by Shawnhu

"Good job on dropping both your targets, and nice work on the headshot. A lot of haters here when it comes to headshot deer."

Does it really matter what I think about headshots? This thread is obviously one created for the sole purpose for those that don't to hate and belittle those that do.

In my book, if a hunter has the confidence and ability to legally and ethically take down a deer with a headshot, he has every right to do so. I certainly wouldn't advocate it to most of the hunters on this forum, as most can't hit the side of a barn.

We've had our disagreements, but if you are trying to bait me into a low-ball back and forth insult contest, save yourself the trouble. If you want an adult discussion/debate, I'll be glad to oblige.

I may be way off, but I bet there are more or just as many disaster stories from what is perceived as the perfect shot, as there are from headshots.........the problem is when someone who has no business taking that type of shot, decides to do it.............and with a gun only,.

I may be way off, but I bet there are more or just as many disaster stories from what is perceived as the perfect shot, as there are from headshots.........the problem is when someone who has no business taking that type of shot, decides to do it.............and with a gun only,.

No, the problem is when those that won't/can't decides to look upon those that can/will as someone beneath them.