Governor Announces Support for Crossbows in NY

Tinlodge

Belo has been against it all along, but now hes trying to use Cuomo to gain traction for his stance. Its not Cuomos idea, no matter how you try and spin it.

Why werent you complaining about the same exact thing last year? It was in the original budget, Cuomo said he supported it, the SAFE act was in place, yet not a peep from anyone until a couple of news outlets put their own editorial spin on the facts. Perfect example of misinformation making a mountain out of a mole hill.

So, how's it working for him?

I'll answer your question exactly the same way I asked it last time you asked. I had no idea of Cuomo's role last year. This year I do. There still is nothing being spun. There is nothing untrue. There is no misinformation. If you don't like the fact that Cuomo has co-opted your cause and the news media is pointing that out, I really don't know what to tell you other than try your best to get over it. 

I dont care that Cuomo is and has supported crossbows. I support them either way. Im not going to keep explaining how it is in fact, misinformation, you obviously cant grasp it. Why? Probably because you are so blinded by your feelings for Cuomo.

Interesting theory. makes absolutely no sense, but it is interesting.

Someone makes a point you dont agree with and now, according to you, it makes absolutely no sense. Shocking.

Its funny Doc, usually you are the kind of guy that questions things you read on the internet, but now, you buy right into exactly what you are being spoon fed. Interesting.

Honestly, Id like to see crossbows pass on their own, then we wouldnt have to hear the future whining from the antis saying "they snuck it in the budget" or "it wouldn't have passed if it wasnt in the budget" etc etc.

Someone makes a point you dont agree with and now, according to you, it makes absolutely no sense. Shocking.

Its funny Doc, usually you are the kind of guy that questions things you read on the internet, but now, you buy right into exactly what you are being spoon fed. Interesting.

Honestly, Id like to see crossbows pass on their own, then we wouldnt have to hear the future whining from the antis saying "they snuck it in the budget" or "it wouldn't have passed if it wasnt in the budget" etc etc.

I'll tell you what doesn't make sense to me. You keep talking about misinformation and yet you have difficulty showing me one thing that the media reported that wasn't absolutely true. As the old lady used to say, "Where's the beef?" The only thing that's being spoon fed is your constant repetition that there has been some kind of "misrepresentation" which in my dictionary means an untruth. Now, you can repeat that phrase from now until forever but if you cannot point out the falsehood, it means nothing. Where is the beef?

Yawn.....This repetition required to keep you on track is making me drowsy at this point. Doc, do you even remember my original statement or have you twisted things up so much in your head that you have lost sight of it? The misinformation is in the insinuation that Cuomo came up with these proposals, and that the facts about this not being the first time they have been included in a budget was completely left out. Good, complete journalism would have included these facts and left people to make a decision on their own, instead, they spoon feed people their opinions under the guise of news. Its something that news agencies do alot of these days, and I find it pretty nauseating, no matter the stance or issue.

Yawn.....This repetition required to keep you on track is making me drowsy at this point. Doc, do you even remember my original statement or have you twisted things up so much in your head that you have lost sight of it? The misinformation is in the insinuation that Cuomo came up with these proposals, and that the facts about this not being the first time they have been included in a budget was completely left out. Good, complete journalism would have included these facts and left people to make a decision on their own, instead, they spoon feed people their opinions under the guise of news. Its something that news agencies do alot of these days, and I find it pretty nauseating, no matter the stance or issue.

So your claim of misinformation is based on some kind of insinuation that you conjured up in your head? Man that is lame. They simply stated that Cuomo inserted language into his budget regarding these proposals, and you see that as some kind of insinuation by them that he is the one who originated the whole idea. Do you understand how paranoid that sounds? I'll tell you who is engaging in misinformation. Anybody who could come up with that twisted logic is definitely engaging in misinformation. And just because you seem to think that this being a repeated activity is somehow relevant (for absolutely no good reason), you think it was a journalistic sin and some kind of conspiracy to mislead for them not to have mentioned that absolutely irrelevant piece of trivia. What the hell difference does that make? Look, I am no fan of the news media and am probably one of their harshest critics. But I have to tell you that you are engaging in senseless nit-picking over absolutely nothing.

And spoon feeding opinions? ..... to what motive? ...... what opinions? Talk about conspiracy theorists ..... lol. It is clear now what I have been beginning to suspect. You are making a whole lot out of absolutely nothing. Honestly, sometimes you amaze me. Here I thought that you really might have something of some substance. I didn't realize that it was simply your imagination running away with you. My gosh, when I think of the time wasted....

Ha-ha .... So, I see this crossbow thread is taking the usual direction. Everybody having fun yet? ..... lol.
We were talking about the 150' rule. I had to bring it back on track because we already have a thread on that :)
I'm loving it Doc.....lol...some are so COCKY.....lol
Winners can be cocky. It's a head scratcher when the losers are cocky.
Greg, keep it clean. Even though you didnt use complete words, its still against the rules to curse.Im sure Ill take flack for asking someone to adhere to the rules. Flame away...
It's his only response to the debate. He don't know no better ya huck huck. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Edited by Belo

Belo has been against it all along, but now hes trying to use Cuomo to gain traction for his stance. Its not Cuomos idea, no matter how you try and spin it.

Why werent you complaining about the same exact thing last year? It was in the original budget, Cuomo said he supported it, the SAFE act was in place, yet not a peep from anyone until a couple of news outlets put their own editorial spin on the facts. Perfect example of misinformation making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I'm not "using" it, but many said they would vote against anything he supported I agree it sucks to have this issue tainted by him. However, I don't think you can deny that this is him trying to throw sportsman a bone. If we accept it, it's almost like saying thanks bud. All is good now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's hard to believe that anyone would form an opinion on an issue simply based on the fact that Cuomo is behind it. I'm thinking that there may be some people who will claim that was the reason that they oppose the x-bow proposal, but I think if you look just a little bit closer, you will find they had already made up their mind long before Cuomo got into the deal. He's not really changing minds one way or the other regardless of what they say.

• Like 1

Are you freaking kidding me? How do you figure it doesn't effect you?
it doesn't effect me either...I only care about my hunting guns, nobodies coming for those. Got no use for "tacticals" or big clips...mossy 500 buckshot slug buckshot slug is home defense enough for me.

I'm a hunter and not a member of the NRA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager

Have you read it?
Yeah, I'm all for:

-Banning large clips

-background checks

-reporting stolen guns in 24 hrs

-safe storage

-banning Internet sales of wanna-be assault weapons

-registration of wanna-be assault weapons.

Edited by Meat Manager

Just the attitude that will keep the safe act in place. If you have read all the posts on here how it will effect you and you still believe that, we are in trouble.
I'm not afraid of the government, as a citizen I am part of it.

did you know and I did not until the other night.  This is coming form a scope leader.  There is a federal law that has been on the books for several years. I fa state puts gun laws in place all states that touch the border of that state have to abide by them.  I have not researched this as I was told on Monday night and have not had time.  So traveling across the state line may not be as easy as we all think to get ammo. 

after reading the last few posts, it's fairly obvious that along with the totally anti gun people, there are even pro gun people who have no problem with the Safe Act being passed.........TODAY it doesn't effect me either nor do crossbows, who knows what tomorrow may bring.

You may be but one thing is for sure. You are an idiot.
Ok..thanks for the evaluation. I just disagree that the gov is coming for our guns...

Or that if you even had 4 tanks and an RPG in your garage that you could fend off the federal gov should they come knocking...who is the paranoid idiot?

Edited by Meat Manager