NY Game and Fish magazine

CuseHunter

Does anyone subscribe to this? They sent me a years subscription at $10 offer. The money isn't a big concern, I just don't want a junk magazine. I subscribed to F&S and found 80% of it to be advertisements and biased "research/reviews", overall I found myself to throw them away rather than even reading them.

I hunt, I really have 0 interest to fish, so if it's primarily fishing then that won't interest me.

If you want NY specific info, the best option if NY Outdoor News.

NY Fish and Game pales in comparison. It does offer a lot of stories about places to go public wise and some hunt/harvest/kill stories. But, they to me, seem to repeat the same stories year in and year out about the "where and when to go" topics.

• Like 2

If you want NY specific info, the best option if NY Outdoor News.

NY Fish and Game pales in comparison. It does offer a lot of stories about places to go public wise and some hunt/harvest/kill stories. But, they to me, seem to repeat the same stories year in and year out about the "where and when to go" topics.

I agree with Phade, NY Outdoor News is the best subscription I have signed up for.  I want to say it is roughly $25 for 2 years and full of information for every season.  

I get it and agree Outdoor news is way better,I do like the yearly break down on deer take by counties etc. I guess I could just look that up....

What funny is if you go to another state ,you'll see "Ohio Fish and Game" with the same cover and stories......with a few state specific ones.

In the age of the computer I have little use for any hunting "magazine". The internet is the biggest and best source for anything you want to know about hunting and fishing, and you get to choose.. instead of waiting for the issue that has something you might be interested in reading. I do agree that if that is still your thing... NY Outdoors News is the better magazine