Bullpup Vertical Crossbow

WNYBuckHunter

Yeah its a bit on the pricey side. I like options, so once they are legalized for good, Ill have one just to take out when the mood catches me. They are fun to shoot. I like this one due to the weight, dry fire mechanism, and you can back it down without shooting it. Having to carry around a small crossbow target to fire it into after a hunt sounds like just one more thing to forget at home to me lol.

• Like 1

Yeah that's a cool idea... just can't see myself giving up a day with my trad stuff to hunt with one during an archery season... selfishly I hope for a separate small season (even a weekend) just so I can hunt with one... I might consider it during the late archery season for a couple days. They're cool as hell to shoot.

I like it,Thanks for posting WNY I may have to look into one!!The website says 879 or something.where did you guys see 1000+?Same price line as any of the brand new top of the line bows that out there.I may have to look into picking one up.Anyone know someone who reps them close by??

Edited by MACHINIST

there are many crossbows today that are built with dry fire protection and some can be uncocked as well. carrying a faux arrow or an old one with a field tip plus washer which can be shot into the ground is another easy method of discharging a crossbow.

the vertical design has a plus or 2 but not the ones mentioned above, one thing is for sure. shooting off a shooting stick is a lot easier with a traditional stock where you don't have to position the bow well ahead like you would have to do with this vertical design.

you also can't shoot the vertical design where you have little down vertical clearance.

prone position? not possible

I don't see why anybody cares about the dry fire features. Don't shoot without a bolt in it lol. I carry a tiny target and leave it in the car. At the end of the day I shoot I take it out and doscharge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally different animal,the vert crossbow is smaller and more than likely lighter than a normal bow with the draw loc on it,you can get 70-90lbs and 100-125 pound draws with the V crossbow,attach a scope,18 inches ATA and 360 fps with a full size hunting arrow.

One thing that kind of stands out when I look at this thing is that this configuration of crossbow gets a lot longer draw length and potential deflection of the limbs than any of the horizontal versions. What that does is extend the useful power stroke of each limb, storing a lot more energy. That is another way to get more total thrust out of the same weight limbs.

One thing that kind of stands out when I look at this thing is that this configuration of crossbow gets a lot longer draw length and potential deflection of the limbs than any of the horizontal versions. What that does is extend the useful power stroke of each limb, storing a lot more energy. That is another way to get more total thrust out of the same weight limbs.

The draw weight of this bow is actually less than that of many of its horizontal cousins, and it gets close to the same speed with a longer arrow. 70-90lb limbs or 125lb limbs with speeds around the 370 mark for the 125lb setup. The draw length is 20+ inches from what I can find, and it shoots a 25 or 26 inch arrow, so I figure draw is around 24 ish maybe?