Forum posts are gospel now?

Yes sir. Just ask any QDMA member that reads and lives by the tales and blogs of one Terry Singleterry.  Same study, same facts and taken as holy grail on that site. Now even the CWD preacher is questioning the thoughts and actions of the QDMA  on promoting the spread of CWD across the country!   It will continue!

Yes sir. Just ask any QDMA member that reads and lives by the tales and blogs of one Terry Singleterry. Same study, same facts and taken as holy grail on that site. Now even the CWD preacher is questioning the thoughts and actions of the QDMA on promoting the spread of CWD across the country! It will continue!

LMAO

Why dont you look Matt Ross' email address up and ask him yourself? Its not a secret, its right on the QDMA website.

Bottom line here is FSW is basing everything upon the results of ONE study, and not even a complete or conclusive study. It was posted on the last thread that went down this same road, read it if you like.

I don't need him to explain anything to me or point me to any published research. I already read the literature on the subject.  I was suggesting that might be able to reconcile the regime of QDM with the research findings or theories.

Obviously parts of NY, PA, NJ and other states still have antler restrictions so the research published this far has not been used to revise management strategies. That does not mean in the future further research will or will not guide management approaches in a different direction. 

Edited by mike rossi

CWD: A 10-Year Retrospective

Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) was first discovered in Wisconsin in February 2002. Much has changed in the last 10 years. The articles below provide a retrospective on those changes. 

Disease Progression and Spread

The Wisconsin DNR began active surveillance for CWD in 1999 following increased awareness of interstate transport of elk from CWD-infected western game farms.  In February 2002, the DNR was notified that three deer harvested the previous fall from Deer Management Unit 70A in western Dane County had tested positive for CWD. This discovery launched an intensive surveillance effort in Wisconsin that continues today.  As of February 2012, nearly 172,000 wild white-tailed deer have been sampled, over 1,800 of which have tested CWD-positive.

There appear to be two main areas of CWD infection in Wisconsin. One is centered in western Dane and eastern Iowa counties. The second is located in northern Illinois and extends into southeastern Wisconsin. Illinois first detected the presence of CWD in this area in the fall of 2002 and as of April 2011, 336 CWD-positive deer have been found.

Surveillance has been continuously conducted since 2002 in the southern portions of the state and routinely on a rotating basis throughout the rest of the state. Sampling intensity across the majority of the state has been sufficient enough to have a high degree of confidence that CWD would be detected if the disease existed at 1% prevalence during the time of surveillance.

CWD has been found in 12 southern Wisconsin counties and the current CWD Management Zone encompasses all known locations of free-ranging deer that tested positive for CWD. 

Sex and Age Composition of Infected Deer 

Analysis of the sex and age composition of positive deer over the past ten years in Wisconsin has shown that:

•  disease prevalence is higher in older deer than in younger deer,
  •  and prevalence in males is approximately twice as high as in females. 

Overall, there has been an increasing trend in prevalence in all sex and age classes in the western and eastern Wisconsin core monitoring areas. Since 2002, prevalence in the western core has increased among:

• adult males from about 8% to nearly 18%
  • adult females from about 3% to approximately 7%, 
  • yearling males from about 2% to about 6%, 
  • and yearling females from 2% to about 5%.

Prevalence increases are also evident in the eastern core where prevalence in adult males has increased from 2% to 6% between 2003-2011

Looks like the DNR says the same fact.

Illinois Chronic Wasting Disease: 
2012-2013 Surveillance and Management Report 
Paul Shelton and Patrick McDonald 
Forest Wildlife Program, Illinois Department of Natural Resources 
August 30, 2013

Figure 8.  Trends in CWD prevalence for hunter‐
harvested adult deer (≥ yearling) during 
2003‐2013 for the twelve counties in which 
CWD has been identified.  Error bars at each 
point depict the 95% confidence interval of 
the estimate.  Mean prevalence rates in 
males have been 60% higher than in females 
throughout the 11‐year period.

Seems like a trend here.or is it your theory that every states research findings are full of holes?

Man you would think this QDMA group would be doing something to help the stop of this deadly disease. But no they seem to support it with their thoughts on male deer harvest's.

When will this ever stop. It is annoying to see this posted over and over. This site is really nosediving.

HaHa...Nosediving? how long can you 3 or 4 same posters keep trying to side step the truth?  I show you fact after fact and statements over and over and even studies that have done.  Yet its annoying.  I guess you may want to stop going to this thread.  

It will really save you from seeing/facing your fears!  The Truth!!

HaHa...Nosediving? how long can you 3 or 4 same posters keep trying to side step the truth? I show you fact after fact and statements over and over and even studies that have done. Yet its annoying. I guess you may want to stop going to this thread.

It will really save you from seeing/facing your fears! The Truth!!

Actually, what I said was this nonsense is repeating like a bad song. Its annoying that you are the broken record. My time here has dwindled since posters like you and papist have went on these rants about political tin foil topics and personal for-profit agendas.

I understand why growie doesnt come around here anymore. People like you ruin it.

• Like 3

Actually, what I said was this nonsense is repeating like a bad song. Its annoying that you are the broken record. My time here has dwindled since posters like you and papist have went on these rants about political tin foil topics and personal for-profit agendas.

I understand why growie doesnt come around here anymore. People like you ruin it.

Well thats an easy fix.  I have not seen you answer to any of the truths and facts but on the other hand i have seen you bash and lie.

You are now stuck to eat the crow and you find it not so tasty.  You may want to dig a little deeper on growie but you can also exit the same door stage left if you cant handle reading the truth!  Your Choice.  We all have them remember?

CWD: A 10-Year Retrospective

Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) was first discovered in Wisconsin in February 2002. Much has changed in the last 10 years. The articles below provide a retrospective on those changes. 

Disease Progression and Spread

The Wisconsin DNR began active surveillance for CWD in 1999 following increased awareness of interstate transport of elk from CWD-infected western game farms.  In February 2002, the DNR was notified that three deer harvested the previous fall from Deer Management Unit 70A in western Dane County had tested positive for CWD. This discovery launched an intensive surveillance effort in Wisconsin that continues today.  As of February 2012, nearly 172,000 wild white-tailed deer have been sampled, over 1,800 of which have tested CWD-positive.

There appear to be two main areas of CWD infection in Wisconsin. One is centered in western Dane and eastern Iowa counties. The second is located in northern Illinois and extends into southeastern Wisconsin. Illinois first detected the presence of CWD in this area in the fall of 2002 and as of April 2011, 336 CWD-positive deer have been found.

Surveillance has been continuously conducted since 2002 in the southern portions of the state and routinely on a rotating basis throughout the rest of the state. Sampling intensity across the majority of the state has been sufficient enough to have a high degree of confidence that CWD would be detected if the disease existed at 1% prevalence during the time of surveillance.

CWD has been found in 12 southern Wisconsin counties and the current CWD Management Zone encompasses all known locations of free-ranging deer that tested positive for CWD. 

Sex and Age Composition of Infected Deer 

Analysis of the sex and age composition of positive deer over the past ten years in Wisconsin has shown that:

•  disease prevalence is higher in older deer than in younger deer,
  •  and prevalence in males is approximately twice as high as in females. 

Overall, there has been an increasing trend in prevalence in all sex and age classes in the western and eastern Wisconsin core monitoring areas. Since 2002, prevalence in the western core has increased among:

• adult males from about 8% to nearly 18%
  • adult females from about 3% to approximately 7%, 
  • yearling males from about 2% to about 6%, 
  • and yearling females from 2% to about 5%.

Prevalence increases are also evident in the eastern core where prevalence in adult males has increased from 2% to 6% between 2003-2011

Looks like the DNR says the same fact.

looking at what you bolded and the other age classes

•adult males from about 8% to nearly 18%,  (225% increase)

•adult females from about 3% to approximately 7%,   (233% increase)

•yearling males from about 2% to about 6%,(300% increase)

•and yearling females from 2% to about 5%.(250% increase)

Based on the post you made it appears the younger age classes has the greatest increase

• Like 2

Based on the post you made it appears the younger age classes has the greatest increase

Oh No... That ought to throw him into a tailspin. Blows all his BS right out of the water.

• Like 4

Oh No... That ought to throw him into a tailspin. Blows all his BS right out of the water.

Yeah ok..Dig a little deeper. I only showed 2 easy states.

But now if you want to go back to what the QDMA is doing to help spread CWD?     How about their public fight and support to get AR restrictions in the state of Michigan to protect yearling bucks?    IN A CWD POSITIVE STATE!    You still want to continue with your BS...Looks as though every time you step into this argument, you get it handed to ya.  Guess what?  You have been served again!!!!

Yeah ok..Dig a little deeper. I only showed 2 easy states.

But now if you want to go back to what the QDMA is doing to help spread CWD?     How about their public fight and support to get AR restrictions in the state of Michigan to protect yearling bucks?    IN A CWD POSITIVE STATE!    You still want to continue with your BS...Looks as though every time you step into this argument, you get it handed to ya.  Guess what?  You have been served again!!!!

you have similar data for other states?

you have similar data for other states?

I could show you every cwd positive deer on either side of the fence. 1 study was not good enough because it was full of so called holes and now its shown the FACTS from 2 of the biggest players in CWD and their findings.  Its the same all across the country.

Dont want to shoot all the bullets in one round.  This is going to be a long one!

Thanks for pointing that out, FSW doesn't understand that info proves him wrong. An increase across the board in CWD positive deer is not a good thing.

Thanks for pointing that out, FSW doesn't understand that info proves him wrong. An increase across the board in CWD positive deer is not a good thing.

It proves just what i said about males being the biggest carrier of CWD and proves that the QDMA is supporting the spread of CWD across the country. That proves my point 100% and will continue to do so.  Now the table has turned and they will called out with truth and facts. Everywhere!

It proves just what i said about males being the biggest carrier of CWD and proves that the QDMA is supporting the spread of CWD across the country. That proves my point 100% and will continue to do so.  Now the table has turned and they will called out with truth and facts. Everywhere!

you have been saying that mature males, since they roam are more likely to spread CWD. That appears to be false since the data shows they are the age class with the smallest increase.

• Like 3

you have been saying that mature males, since they roam are more likely to spread CWD. That appears to be false since the data shows they are the age class with the smallest increase.

Yup, the rest of the data show's an overall increase but he chooses to ignore that.

Yeah printed on their own state websites what the carry rate is. The QDMA even supports and fought for AR to protect yearlings in CWD positive states.  Another support of the movement of CWD.   You can try and put your little spin on anything you want but the masses(not you 4 that like to make your own facts) can read and see that the QDMA group are doing nothing to protect the deer or habitat from the spread of CWD.

Have yet to see them ask their states or members or see them change their thoughts on what they think would be the best harvest plan for CWD positive states. Kinda sounds like support to me and oh so many others!

Yeah printed on their own state websites what the carry rate is. The QDMA even supports and fought for AR to protect yearlings in CWD positive states.  Another support of the movement of CWD.   You can try and put your little spin on anything you want but the masses(not you 4 that like to make your own facts) can read and see that the QDMA group are doing nothing to protect the deer or habitat from the spread of CWD.

Have yet to see them ask their states or members or see them change their thoughts on what they think would be the best harvest plan for CWD positive states. Kinda sounds like support to me and oh so many others!

Spin?? I was just looking at the data YOU presented. If you can't understand what YOU post, I can't help that.

• Like 1

Spin?? I was just looking at the data YOU presented. If you can't understand what YOU post, I can't help that.

Yup the truth from CWD home websites and trust me i will post up every other new fact that comes in that the QDMA is talking a stance on hunting that promotes the spread of disease across the country.  Its not just on this site. The best one will come out in public to the leader himself. We will see if he tries to duck this one also.. On Camera!

Well thats an easy fix.  I have not seen you answer to any of the truths and facts but on the other hand i have seen you bash and lie.

You are now stuck to eat the crow and you find it not so tasty.  You may want to dig a little deeper on growie but you can also exit the same door stage left if you cant handle reading the truth!  Your Choice.  We all have them remember?

What the heck are you blabbing about?

Eating crow, spitting lies and bashing?

Nonsense. I just think you are annoying. Go post this drivel on the QDMA forum site and leave this one for non-profit hunting/fishing topics.

Edited by phade
  • Like 2