Winchester Longbeard XR

Zag

IMO a 60 yard shot is silly. Why take the chance at the golden bb and or wounding a bird? People don't miss entirely at that range, you wound a bird.  If he isn't inside 30 yards you didn't fool him. 

My 1187 SPT, rhino .660 tube and heavi blends (tested a lot of tubes and ammo) is indeed a 60 yard gun but I'll never shoot them that far. He hangs up, he beat me that day. Multiple hunts on the same bird 

Winny XR's are getting some great reviews on OLd Gobbler forum

Let the bashing of my post begin. Never shot at a running deer either. This is the way I was taught to hunt and teaching my daughter the same ethics

IMO a 60 yard shot is silly. Why take the chance at the golden bb and or wounding a bird? People don't miss entirely at that range, you wound a bird.  If he isn't inside 30 yards you didn't fool him. 

My 1187 SPT, rhino .660 tube and heavi blends (tested a lot of tubes and ammo) is indeed a 60 yard gun but I'll never shoot them that far. He hangs up, he beat me that day. Multiple hunts on the same bird 

Winny XR's are getting some great reviews on OLd Gobbler forum

Let the bashing of my post begin. Never shot at a running deer either. This is the way I was taught to hunt and teaching my daughter the same ethics

No bashing, but one of the things I ponder, is why guys "set up" a 60 yard gun but shoot half that, max?

Why not just buy some basic Win Supreme and a basic $20-25 choke or whatever similar to achieve a kill pattern at 30 yds? Why bother with hevit loads that cost 2-3x as much and a $50+ choke?

Very valid point. My Winny 1300 with cheaper turkey loads killed them equally as dead before this set up. I guess it's more about having some of the best equipment than anything, lol. Taking my daughter's (currently 11 and not old enough to hunt) youth 20 gauge with jellyhead tube a few times when she can go with me. I'll shoot it and put a bird under its belt with her tagging along. 

These shots were 30, 40, and 50yrd shots from a Remington 1100 with a 30" full barrel.  I was very impressed with the 3" #4's. Before I wouldn't trust shooting the remingtons out to 40 yards.attachicon.gifwinchester long beard 3in number 4.jpg

Wow!!! I agree, very impressive with #4 shot!!!! If I do switch, that's what I want to shoot!!!

Definitely look impressive, kinda regret buying a bunch of Remington premier high velocity loads a few months back but they should get the job done. might be trying these next year, of coarse by then they will probably have something even better out. I don't care much about the super long distance, I just want something really really tight at 30yds