TSA

jkzfixme

What does everyone think of the TSA and all the new regulations about them either seeing your junk or feeling it up ? I heard a radio show this morning, telling people just to shrug it off. I call shenanigans. Your 4th amendment right is every bit as important as the rest of them, and next these commie bastards are going to shave away at the 2nd amendment until there is nothing left.

Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.

Ok thats the end of my rant, I will be calmer after gun season opens up for me  :)

post-277-131455375707_thumb.jpg

Then you guys should be worried, as these methods of security are practically useless when it comes to preventing a terrorist from blowing up a plane.  All they do is cause long lines and aggravate the flying public.  You are trading your freedoms for a sense of security.  A pretty high price in my opinion.

Did you know none of these methods will stop a suicide bomber that has had explosives surgically implanted, or has inserted a 1/2 pound of C4 up his rectum?

Look into the security methods the Israelis use.  That is an effective system that has prevented any terrorist attacks at all for decades.  They don't use scanners, pat downs or ask people to remove their shoes.  They talk directly to people, especially suspicious or nervous fliers, and they (heaven forbid) PROFILE!

I will agree that the Israeli's have the most effective security in the world.  And although no method is 100% preventative, I'll take anything that makes it more difficult.  The Israeli's require that passengers arrive at the airport 3 hrs early so there goes the hope of preventing long lines. 

As for giving up freedoms, we do it every day.  We give up our freedom to drive when we choose to drink, we give up our right to carry a firearm (provided you've got the permit) when you go to a school.  I've personally got nothing to hide and I don't consider a scanner to be a huge invasion of my privacy. 

As for the 4th amendment, it all depends on how you define "unreasonable" I suppose. 

Here is a solution to the problem that has been going around ....................

Improvements to Airline Security

This has got to be one of the greatest ideas I've heard......... and I'm

sure that someone could figure out how to do it!

Here's a simple solution to the controversy over full-body scanners at airports.

Develop an enclosed booth that passengers step into but, instead of

X-raying them, when the door closes, it will detonate any explosive

device they have hidden on or in their body.  The explosion will be

contained within the sealed booth..  This would be a win-win for everyone!

There would be no concern about racial profiling.  The booth would    eliminate long, expensive trials.

You're in the airport and you hear a muffled explosion, followed by an

announcement over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers, we now have a seat

available on flight number..."

What's not to like

FastEddie, heard that on the radio last night.  Awesome idea.  To be honest, though, having spent much time overseas and in the military, we are never going to stop a motivated foe.  Why inconvenience ourselves to this level?  (And, remember, this is government run so it is never going to be very efficient.)

FastEddie, heard that on the radio last night.  Awesome idea.  To be honest, though, having spent much time overseas and in the military, we are never going to stop a motivated foe.  Why inconvenience ourselves to this level?  (And, remember, this is government run so it is never going to be very efficient.)

I fly a lot, and the inconvenience is a necessary evil and if you want to fly these days, get accustomed to it.It seems to be working for there are no hijackings or planes blowing up these days.

How many here would would get on a plane these days if these methods were not employed and you were flying with passengers wearing Burkas, or who appear to be suspicious looking?

I definitely agree with extra steps of security being taken. And Im sure that most of us would rather be safer and most of all, alive.  Correct me if Im wrong but arent these people only getting searched if they refuse the scan? The ones who complain about this extra security dont realize that flying in an airplane is like driving a car. Its not your "RIGHT" to do so, but a priviledge to do.

Eddie, they do profile people and to even the score they also search other people who do not fit the mold. I have passed through the gate into the waiting area several times only to be pulled out of the boarding line and subjected to a random search along with several others who fit the profile.

When flying these days, you have to be prepared to be searched at any time! Before entering the gate to the waiting room I already have my pockets emptied and the contents stored in a clear zip-lock bag. Everything is ready and goes in the bin for x ray. I wear loafers, place my jacket in my carry on, have all my ID ready with my boarding pass. Scan or search, whatever is faster.

Its not a big deal!

On Nov.30 the wife and I are headed to CA. to visit our son and his family. I want to tell you that our son works for the TSA. He is higher up and behind the scene and he knows what is going on. I was talking to him yesterday and asked him about the body pat downs and searchs. He told me ,not to worry because the only people that get patted down and searched , are the people that set off the alarms on the metal detectors and only after they are asked to take every thing out of their pockets and go through again and only then do they search and pat you down if you set off the alarm again. He told me that as long as you don't have some kind of joint replacement or are not wearing big baggy clothes, there won't be a pproblems.

i don't care if they start to profile people, or want to do full body scans and or full body pat downs, if it means that it makes safer flying , then no one should complain, because if they don't do some of these or all of the things that need to be done ,there will be hell to pay if something should happen and then all the people who are complaining about it now, will be screeching for peoples heads to roll.

Eddie, they do profile people and to even the score they also search other people who do not fit the mold. I have passed through the gate into the waiting area several times only to be pulled out of the boarding line and subjected to a random search along with several others who fit the profile. Its not a big deal!

It appears they PROFILE old ladies in wheelchairs , Nuns and young kids . I know something needs to be done but what about the young Arab looking males that need a closer look . And now the Muslim Community doesn't want their women being Body searched and no doubt the Liberals will give them a free pass .

Do the X-Ray or Body Search . If you don't comply - You don't fly !

I want people and luggage checked out before I get on a plane !

I think the pat downs go to far, but i also know for a fact that all news, no matter what station you watch or paper you read, is biased. I think they should do away with the pat downs, but the scanners don't really bother me. I like your quote, but you have to remember back to that september day when all those innocent people went through hell, for no good reason. On one hand I value my freedom, on the other i value my safety, it's just a matter of finding a happy median, but in doing so many procedures will be put into place and taken away until they find a perfect combination of safety and freedom/privacy.

I have mixed feelings about  these searches...

Yes, it is an invasion of my privacy. Yes, it is humiliating. BUT, it's the ONLY way for the TSA to detect PTFN, an explosive which gets through 'old' enhanced security procedures.. Its a granular product much like common salt. Mixed into clay/playdoh, add a detonator, and you have a plastic explosive bomb. A few ounces can bring down a plane..

What I don't seem to understand is, how come 99.7% of law abiding citizenry gets this harassing treatment, yet 1 of 1000 intermodal storage containers gets searched while being brought into this county, or the US southern boarder looks like Walmart on 'black Friday'??  I could go on, but this new procedure really only 'punishes' the law abiding citizenry, just as NY Gun Laws do!

I haven't looked at this post in a while, because I was out hunting, and to be honest I'm kind of shocked that people think its ok to give up any right no matter how small. Alot of people keep saying its a privileged to fly, that's not the point.

I do not care what it is. If its in the greatest country in the world, the United States of America my Constitutional Rights apply to it.

Next thing you know the cops don't need exigency to break into your house, because you just might have a terrorist donut factory in your kitchen. You want to stop terrorist ?  Allow people who have a legal right to carry , that where born in this country, walk on the plane a 38 with wad cutters so it wont go through the hull, strategically place them on the plane next to anyone with a turban on.  I can gaurantee there would be no need for my wife or daughter to have to choose between getting photographed naked by harmful radiation, or being groped. Its not about me, its about the generation after me, and the one after that, which is slowly digressing into 1984.