Another Celeb Deer Hunter Busted

Five Seasons

"we're vocal because we are the only group who has lost anything"

If you feel we lost something it's due to the fact a certain group of bowhunters pushed for Oct 1 opening. Now did any reasonable person think archers were going to get 2 extra weeks and nothing for crossbows? muzzleloaders? or gun hunters?

Quite naive to think we were the only ones that were getting something.

"they can keep the first two weeks of Oct, I'd prefer they give it to crossbows and the youth and leave the middle and end of the month the way it was."

My feelings also! But archers needed to hunt the "undisturbed" deer and couldn't possibly hunt after a weekend youth hunt or week long doe only muzzleloader week!

We hurt ourselves.

This thread sucked when it was about a "celeb" hunter...

Now it's in my all-time top 5 troll-jacked threads.

Would you ladies pull up your undies and quit crying (no offense to the actual ladies).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager

Bow hunters lost nothing. Your season starts the first of oct. you can still go hunting during the youth weekend and you can still hunt the last two weeks. The crossbows didn't take away those two weeks you can still use your bow just have the option to use a crossbow if you want. Crossbows can be used during all of gun season and no one is crying about it so I don't see your point. What have bow hunters lost? If the crossbows took the last 2 weeks from bow hunting I could see your point but they didn't. Yes if gun season lost two weeks I am sure there would be complaining, but no one lost any time just added another weapon.Even if the  youth weekend was set up so only kids with guns could be in the woods it is only a couple of days. Bow hunters gained 2 weeks a few years ago so a couple days would be nothing to lose What is it that bow hunters have lost. Heck you can use a bow during gun season if you want but I can not use a gun during bow season so I guess that would be a loss for gun hunters then if the use of crossbows is a loss for bow. Again where di bow hunters lose anything?.

I can tell from your lack of using paragraphs that reading is difficult for you, so let me dumb it down.

Most bow hunters enjoy the solidarity, natural movement and peace and quiet of the season. I saw deer running all over during youth weekend flagging. Certainly didn't have 0 impact on my weekend, although I did shoot a decent 8. But I think you're not clear on the impact hunters have on deer movement... but then again you've made it clear you have your mind made up about bow hunters so I'm probably just wasting my time.

You did not address my statement regarding the last weekend of bow season given to gun. If I took a poll of what bowhunters would rather have (2 extra mosquito weeks, or a weekend of prime rut) I'm certain I know which would win.

All in all my point was simply that the archery season has been changed and tinkered with quite a bit the last 5 years more than it has ever changed in all the years before that. The only change to the firearm season was an earlier opener. And many hunters and stores relying on this weekend have said it hurt their business.

Oh no the deer are running with there tails up,my whole season is ruined. How dare those kids have a chance to hunt and become interested in the sport.

You are right the bow hunters would rather have prime rut time over the earlier two weeks. How ever you still only lost two days.Just like a bow hunter to gain 14 days hunting time and only give up two yet still complain because the 2 days lost might have gotten them a monster buck. 

Seems You understood my point with out my use of paragraphs so why waste my time with them.Thanks for the grammar lesson on a hunting site. Funny how when bow hunters open up there cock holster about how they are poor abused children and how everything is against them then can't defend it they always point out a persons grammar and start insulting them. 

MY mind could be changed if not for all the crying. Trying to change someones mind by complaining you didn't get a big enough buck or that some one else has a chance at that big buck at the same time does not work. 

Is grammar not ok because it's a hunting site? Must we portray a stereotype?

Nobody here was complaining at all. It was you who went off unprovoked.

I'll ask for a third and final time. Regardless of how you perceive the impact of what bow hunters gave up; what have gun owners ever given up or had changed? They got a longer season, many counties have been adding rifles, and now crossbows. Those are 3 additions. What have they lost?

I really am not trying to complain, just making a point as you see, I too am a gun hunter. Most bow hunters are. The same can't be said the other way around.

Edited by Belo

BELO it was you who attacked my grammar, and said reading must be difficult for me. I never said grammar wasn't ok. What I ment was that this is a hunting forum not an english class.  As long as you understood what I was saying then why complain about how I wrote it?

How much of a longer season did gun hunters get? Crossbows have nothing to do with gun hunting. So no gain there. Yes in some areas we can now hunt with a rifle so there is a gain if that is what you want to call it.

Bow season was extended by 2 weeks and you can use your bow from opening of bow to end of gun I can't do that with my gun. Bow hunters lost nothing to the youth hunt or to crossbow you can still go out with your bow.

I would like to thank you for proveing one of my points and that is that bow hunters complain about the youth hunt. Is it so hard to let the young hunters be out there without complaining about it. Your statement just tells me what I already know and that is that bow hunters want to be the only ones in the woods.

Oh and by adding  rifle that gave some guys an advantage over shotgun users in that they can shoot farther,just as bow hunters say crossbows are an unfair advantage yet no gun hunters complained about it like bow hunters about crossbow.

This whole thing started because I made a comment about the op and happened to say something against bow hunters.Sense that is something no one is suppose to do everyone started comenting on what I said I have just been defending my words and how I feel about bow hunters.

This whole thing started because I made a comment about the op and happened to say something against bow hunters.Sense that is something no one is suppose to do everyone started comenting on what I said I have just been defending my words and how I feel about bow hunters.

Lol .... Well, surprise, surprise. You should have been smart enough to figure out what would happen when you come into a hunting forum where many (perhaps most) of the members are bowhunters and start berating them and their hunting methods. It's pretty much the same sort of thing as an anti-hunter coming on here declaring how wrong hunting is. What did you really expect would happen when you laid out your trolling remarks?

Just because I said something about bow hunters it is trolling? Where does it say bow hunting ny? It says hunting ny I thought it ment hunters not cry babies. I simply stated my thoughts and opinions on the op. I am not complaining about what happened just responding to  what belo said about me going off. I was not looking for a reaction from anyone just commenting. Sorry that bow hunters are so sensitive.

You yourself make many comments that could be called trolling yet I haven't called it that. Infact if someone doesn't agree with the majority on here you are the first on to make a statement to them that is clearly looking for a fight.

Thankyou for reminding I am dealing with mostly crybabies on here. I will try to remember that I dont care. I will not sugar coat my feelings or thoughts or watch what I say on here or in person just so I don't hurt someones feelings suck it up cupcake.

How many times have gun hunters attacked someone for saying something against them? I will tell you not often we tell you to stick it and move on. Guess we have tougher skin.

I do welcome discussion  about my statements and someone trying to change my mind or prof that I am wrong,yet all anyone has done is said I am wrong and not shown any thing to prof that I am. Heck belo helped me by complaining about the youth hunt.

Just because I said something about bow hunters it is trolling? Where does it say bow hunting ny?

........ Blah-blah-blah ........ helped me by complaining about the youth hunt.

The only cry-baby that I am hearing here is some stubby guy that's jealous of all the goodies that bowhunters have managed to fight for and get. However, you are nailing down the point that I have stated for a long time that when it comes to hunters against hunters, there are people other than some bowhunters who can claim the top prize in that category.

I am crying about nothing I was attacked because of what I said so I defended my thoughts. Bow hunters have fought against far more then they have fought for. Things like crossbows and the youth hunt. When they finally lost those fights they cry about how it hurts there season.

As far as jealous? If that was all it is then I would simply grab the bow that sits in the corner of my bedroom and start bow hunting again. I have stated many times that I hunted for years got alot of nice bucks. I stopped bow hunting when I saw where bow hunting was being taken at a fast pace. more people getting into it with the ideas that there was a huge buck behind every tree and when haveing the attitude that they were better then others because they thought it took more skill to bow hunt then gun hunt. When they didn't see huge decorations every time they sat in the woods the crying started.

The only thing I can complain about when it comes to gun season is that I wish there were more deer in my areas. I would like to see numbers like I did 10 or 15 years ago. I saw deer every day and could let many of them pass because I knew I would have a chance another day. Now like many others if I pass I might not get meat in the freezer. I want to see more deer period not just more huge bucks. I guess you can say I am crying about that, but to say I am jealous of bow hunters is way off base.try again boss

............The only thing I can complain about when it comes to gun season is that I wish there were more deer in my areas. I would like to see numbers like I did 10 or 15 years ago. I saw deer every day and could let many of them pass because I knew I would have a chance another day. Now like many others if I pass I might not get meat in the freezer. I want to see more deer period not just more huge bucks. .........

Well, maybe it is all them damned bowhunters out there getting to the deer before you get a chance at them......lol.

You are the first I have heard who claim the youth weekend negatively impacted their bow season.

Where did I say that? Did you read the part where I shot a nice 8 point that very weekend? It was my father however, who chose a stand that has always done well in the early season that had spooked deer all around him.

Belo give up on trying to correct our grammar, no one has asked your opinion and its obvious no one wants it

and it's obvious I could care less what you think. If someone wants to rant and rave about bowhunters and make a point, he/she should know that many wont even read it if it's a novel long and hard to read.

The only thing I can complain about when it comes to gun season is that I wish there were more deer in my areas. I would like to see numbers like I did 10 or 15 years ago. I saw deer every day and could let many of them pass because I knew I would have a chance another day. Now like many others if I pass I might not get meat in the freezer. I want to see more deer period not just more huge bucks. I guess you can say I am crying about that, but to say I am jealous of bow hunters is way off base.try again boss

Maybe you should start bowhunting again? I see more deer during bow than I ever see during gun. Guns go off and they hide. More pressure could be sending them out of your areas.

Edited by Belo

Where did I say that? Did you read the part where I shot a nice 8 point that very weekend? It was my father however, who chose a stand that has always done well in the early season that had spooked deer all around him.

and it's obvious I could care less what you think. If someone wants to rant and rave about bowhunters and make a point, he/she should know that many wont even read it if it's a novel long and hard to read.

Maybe you should start bowhunting again? I see more deer during bow than I ever see during gun. Guns go off and they hide. More pressure could be sending them out of your areas.

Just because I don't bow hunt does not mean I'm not out in the woods. I am in the woods often the whole year I enjoy watching the animals and takeing pictures. The low deer numbers are not only dureing gun season. I also see a drop in the numbers that I see out in the fields when I am driving around. Many hunters around here have seen a decline in deer numbers around here. I have read many coments from hunters through the state that they see a decline as well. I am not saying all areas by no means but in some areas deffently.

I have seen more then one deer come by me and shot one and the others just stood there. Even when I get up and go to the downed deer they dont go far and watch what I am doing. I am not talking older matuere deer

Just because I don't bow hunt does not mean I'm not out in the woods. I am in the woods often the whole year I enjoy watching the animals and takeing pictures. The low deer numbers are not only dureing gun season. I also see a drop in the numbers that I see out in the fields when I am driving around. Many hunters around here have seen a decline in deer numbers around here. I have read many coments from hunters through the state that they see a decline as well. I am not saying all areas by no means but in some areas deffently.

I have seen more then one deer come by me and shot one and the others just stood there. Even when I get up and go to the downed deer they dont go far and watch what I am doing. I am not talking older matuere deer

The deer go through cycles just like turkey and other animals in the wild.  

sometimes what we think are low deer numbers because we don't see as many deer could be the population getting back to where it should be... ideal habitat populations have nothing to do with how many deer we would like to see... and everything to do with how many deer the habitat can handle...