Do you hunt on an empty stomach?

Mr VJP

I like to have as little in my belly as possible when I hunt.  Makes it easier to hike.  I breath better and it seems to keep the blood pressure down too.  I even sweat less.  I notice these things as I get older.  I'm looking to find every advantage I can while hunting these days.

Maybe ancient instincts make a hungry hunter, a better hunter too!

;)

I never hunt on an empty stomach.  I'm scared the deer will hear my stomach growling and think it's a bear lol.  No really though, if I don't get a nice big breakfast, some eggs, hash, homefries and some toast...I'm useless

What really sucks though is when you overdo it and your big breakfast puts you to sleep in the stand!

I eat just enough to settle my stomach, but not enough to cause me to have to empty my tank so to speak. I usually have a cup or two of coffee and a yogurt or small bowl of cereal. I take a bottle of juice or cider with me and a granola bar or apple. For all day sits I take a sandwich and some munchies as well.

I hunt on an empty stomach for a different reason. So that I don't have to pull up a tree!  ???

Seriously though, I stay bland and simple. Keeps me regulated, and in the woods longer.

Wel you can't come to my camp then..lol...On the menu this week is venison chili...venison meatloaf...venison goulash...venison stew......and bacon and eggs in the morning before we go out....and all the Thanksgiving leftovers next weekend......come to think of it...I should probably double up on my chloresterol meds this week

I hunt on an empty stomach for a different reason. So that I don't have to pull up a tree!  ???

Seriously though, I stay bland and simple. Keeps me regulated, and in the woods longer.

Wel you can't come to my camp then..lol...On the menu this week is venison chili...venison meatloaf...venison goulash...venison stew......and bacon and eggs in the morning before we go out....and all the Thanksgiving leftovers next weekend......come to think of it...I should probably double up on my chloresterol meds this week

Nice! I never said anything about not eating great at lunch/dinner time! Just not in the morning. Mmmm.....camp food. Gotta love it!

I do the instant oatmeal thing...It gets a little something in my stomach without ( hopefully) triggering the urges that always come after a REAL breakfast of eggs, bacon, ham or whatever...

In ANY case, when I go to the woods....  My toilet paper is like American Express...

I don't leave home without it....