Warning! Gross Alert! Unpleasant Pictures

Doc

Normally I would not post this kind of unpleasant picture, but I need and opinion. Last week I posted a thread about a fawn laying in our yard, seemingly healthy and content, and we continued down the driveway on our way to town. Later we returned and the fawn was gone ...... no surprise. But yesterday, I found the remains of this dead fawn, less than 30 yards from where this fawn was laying. The amount of time between these two events was exactly 1 week.

I know that none of us is likely to be any sort of forensic experts, but does the remains in the pictures look like a fawn that could have died 1 week ago. To me it looks older than just one week and likely is not the same fawn, but I certainly am not very sure of that. So what do you all think. Has that dead fawn been dead for a week or  does it look a lot older than that? Just looking for opinions. 

post-11-0-71904000-1402826278_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-64417900-1402826306_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-53691600-1402826335_thumb.jpg

The peak of fawn births is around that time so that would be my guess. A little earlier , maybe, but last year, I doubt it - still has some fur and the rodents usually consume the bones.

I am sure your next question or assertion is that or if a coyote did it. Maybe, but who really cares?

Edited by mike rossi

a week if that.. could of been a stillborn scavanged, or kiled by anything.. i have an active fox den and found a fawn leg outside the den..but cant say they killed it. might of been a still born or scavanged from anothers kill...

I pass by a doe hit by car that's been there since Iv'e noticed it 5 days ago. Every day its bigger than the previous(nasty gases filling her up) and more flies on it. One of these days all that gas is going to dissipate and then it's going to fall apart more rapidly. My guess on yours is longer than a week .