Lease advice

crappyice

So, my partner was up at our new lease today just showing his wife and two kids. They pulled up a fairly remote driveway that is part of the boundary and some guy pulls in behind him and tells him that he hunts on our lease all the time and he rents from the guy we leased the land from. My buddy made it clear we had exclusive rights according to the lease but this guy seemed unphased.

Here's the options..try to keep this guy close(let him know when we are coming and tell him not to be there then )

Or force him off totally.

Problem is, we are 1:30 away and can't be there often...he is gonna hunt it anyway.

The whole purpose of a lease is to have no problems with people who should not be there.

What would you do?

See that is the problem I have with paying good money for hunting rights of property that I don't live on. It seems to me that your options are non-existent. How do you enforce trespass restrictions when you don't live on the property or have some trusted person who lives there or very, very close to the property? It's hard enough when you are there constantly. I could probably say with a fair amount of confidence that this one guy is not the only one that hunts there. He's just the only one that you happened to have run into so far.

I wouldn't be happy if I paid for an "exclusive" lease and the owner knowingly has another hunting there because he rents another property...if that's the case, you were sold a bad batch of goods. who's to say this guy doesn't have friends who hunt there with him? contact the owner and square it away.

Go back to the owner and have him clear it up with the guy. Sorry to say but if he rents from the owner does his lease have anything in there about hunting rights? You should't have to go through this. 

This,you tell the landowner if your paying to hunt there then thats it.Or if he is allowing him to hunt he needs to pay his fair share.

The land is 60 acres. The guy rents an apartment in another house down the street(still within visual of property). The guy who is leasing owns a mess of land that he parcels out to various people.

Even if we tell the owner to take care of this guy, what's the point-he is gonna hunt it Anyway since the owner is not there all the time and has man parcel to "monitor"-aka.collect money from.

Sold bad goods..no honest deal out there

Could befriend the guy and ask him to watch the property and kick any others he sees out...at least make a bad situation a lil better...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

60 acres ain't enough to share with a neighbor, no way-no how.