Lifetime license question

WNYBuckHunter

For Christmas this year, I am buying my son his lifetime hunting and fishing licenses. How does this work? Do I need to take him with to get it? Can I do it online? Do they give something to you or do they just send the license each year? He did pass his hunters ed course already. Just wondering what I should expect. 

I don’t know if you have to have him with you or not. I would think if buying as a gift if you had hunter ed paperwork with you that you should be good to go. I would think you can do it online but i have had my lifetime for so long I don’t think they did sales online back then. I go to the town clerk to get my doe permits since it is a 2 minute drive from my house so I don’t even do those online.  Lol. I get my license in the mail every year mid/late July. 

• Like 2

I did it recently with my 4 year old. I am not sure if they need to be there or not, but she was. We only needed her birth certificate. I don't remember her having to do anything. 

They did give us a license card and a receipt that we filed away. 

• Like 1

I bought my daughter her lifetime license on-line recently after she finished the hunters education course and before she turned 12. Everything came in the mail in just a few days.

When we went to get her the doe permits she had to be there to sign what was printed out then. Not sure how old he is but if/when you ever go to a brick and mortar store for a license for him bring a school ID or something with you. I was not expecting her to need an ID but the store let it slide. 

You can also get the doe permits online for him and avoid the store as well. For us it was just a timing thing and we couldn't do it online.  

• Like 3