Size guesstimates???

firehunter48

Hey there everyone.....been a while since i have posted but since the season is coming back around, I figured I should get back into the swing of things and start asking and giving my $.02 again.

SO.........with that being said, we have been seeing a ton of tracks and even more piles of scat around the Cabin and property (Bolivar NY--9x-y area) in the past 4-5 months (or so) and we finally caught the big guy on camera. Lucky for me, who has been bear hunting in very deep northern Ontario twice, Adirondacks 5 times in which three of them were to hunt, and been in the woods for almost 30 years in general and has STILL NEVER seen a live bear outside of a zoo, these pictures were taken 27yds directly in front of my tree stand. My question to all of you out in the cyber woods is how big do u think he is.........not that i really care at this point since i know he is more than adequate enough in size to shoot.

These pics are both of the same animal taken together just different angles as he is walking

post-999-0-39573100-1410311110_thumb.jpg

post-999-0-89324400-1410311131_thumb.jpg

LOL, I don't know what kind of monitor you guys use but I can barely tell its a bear!!

Maybe I need an upgrade to my lap top or my glasses............................. :blind:

BTW, I've never seen a bear in NYS but have seen lots in PA while deer and spring turkey hunting over the past 30+ years.

Edited by Lawdwaz

1ST....THANKS for all the input from you guys. I am really just curious about the size. It will NOT stop me from putting a Rocket Mini-blaster tipped Gold Tip or 165gr game king from the .308 through him.

on another note....was talking to my father today who spoke to the neighbor down there who lives there full time. He was in the garage when he heard a noise on the other side of the house. Walked around to see what the noise was only to see a huge bear dragging his full size chest freezer that was completely full off of the porch into the yard. Dad asked him how big it was and he told Dad that it made the one we had on the trail cam (the pics i posted) look like a cub........

Like I said in the original post, I have NEVER seen a live bear in the wild. Now I am kinda wondering if I am going to crap myself if either one of these 2 step out in front of me.......NERVOUS AS HELL!!!! I am also hoping that i am able to make the shot if its presented and not screw it up

Walked around to see what the noise was only to see a huge bear dragging his full size chest freezer that was completely full off of the porch into the yard.

Right there I'd have dumped 2 or 3 slugs into his neck. No questions asked. Fuq with my livelihood and that's all she wrote!