Peep Sights

rotorooter23

I have a 2 string peep on one bow and a 3 string peep on another bow .

The tube peep makes a noise when shooting and breaks at the most inconvenient time .

The 3 string peep has to be set just right or one of the strings can block your view .

The 2 string peep is probably the way to go .........

I have a 2 string peep now and have a absolute terrible time with the string twisting and not lining up when i draw back.. It is a brand new bow. I just assume get a tube to avoid the disaster of drawing and not being able to see my target.

String stretch with a new set/bow is completely possible. I wouldn't set the peep until you've burned through about 100 shots or so.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

String stretch with a new set/bow is completely possible. I wouldn't set the peep until you've burned through about 100 shots or so.

Phade,

I have def. heard about this and weirdly I have through approx. 250 arrows through it, Not quite sure what to do as I really do not want to mess w a tube peep for noise, speed although i doubt it is much of a change.

250 iant unheard of with cheaply made strings. Some main line bows have this issues. I remember the mainl line PSE having long shoot in periods. Id reset the peep now and if it rotates buy a quality made set like 60x and be done with it. Ive only ever had one bow with strings I kept from the factory. I replaced all others immediately.

Take it to a shop. They can put in in a press and twist the string and shouldn't change your point of aim or impact hardly at all. if you are crunched for time with the season coming.

I use this peep and love it. I bought the set of apertures for it so I can screw out eh center and change the diameter as needed. I have switched to a very small one in the stand when the sun got low and very bright or my shot into the field. as soon as it tucked below the tree tops I was able to switch right back in seconds.

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/specialty-1-4-large-non-hooded-peep-colors.html

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

250 iant unheard of with cheaply made strings. Some main line bows have this issues. I remember the mainl line PSE having long shoot in periods. Id reset the peep now and if it rotates buy a quality made set like 60x and be done with it. Ive only ever had one bow with strings I kept from the factory. I replaced all others immediately.

the Americas Best strings on my PSE Pro Series bows snap the peep right back into place even if you try to twist it.  The PSE main line series bows I have had some string rotation and settling but only after a dozen shots.  the peep won't be facing you at rest but when you draw back it'll rotate around consistently to the same spot I've found.  good strings do help.  even with cheaper strings of today I've had them work with a meta-peep style (string split in half). 

• Like 1

Take it to a shop. They can put in in a press and twist the string and shouldn't change your point of aim or impact hardly at all. if you are crunched for time with the season coming.

I use this peep and love it. I bought the set of apertures for it so I can screw out eh center and change the diameter as needed. I have switched to a very small one in the stand when the sun got low and very bright or my shot into the field. as soon as it tucked below the tree tops I was able to switch right back in seconds.

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/specialty-1-4-large-non-hooded-peep-colors.html

I've got an adjustable aperture peep but I don't change them in the field.  what if you drop it? lol