good boots

longislandhunter12

hey guys have a pair of boots already but wanted to hear some opinions on a pair of rubber boots. feel as though they are easier to put on/take off and just the waterproof factor. I do however hunt from a  climber and wanted to know if anyone uses them? lastly what are some good pairs that are warm. what is a good amount of grams?

Dont buy Irish Setter Rut hunters they are way overpriced for the boot you get. I had these one year and was better off crossing creeks without boots on! Price tag around $200 one would think that they could make a better boot! I have the Rocky 14" Max Protect Level 3. They have 1400 Gram primaloft and gortex, so far so good!

I currently have Itasca, Wolverine, Lacross & Browning. The Brownings are not that old maybe 2-3yrs and are all cracked already.The Wolverines and Lacross are pushing 10 & still good. Itasca new last year still & being tested.

I  have never had a problem wearing rubber boots and using a climber.

Mucks must be love 'em or hate 'em.  I hate 'em.  Pair I had didn't last and I didn't like the way they fit my feet.  I had a pair of Northerners that I liked except I wish they came in an 18".  My old Lacrosse that were made in America lasted almost 15 years before they gave up the ghost, the new Chi-com ones I got partway through the second season.

Mucks must be love 'em or hate 'em.  I hate 'em.  Pair I had didn't last and I didn't like the way they fit my feet.  I had a pair of Northerners that I liked except I wish they came in an 18".  My old Lacrosse that were made in America lasted almost 15 years before they gave up the ghost, the new Chi-com ones I got partway through the second season.

I put doctor sholls gelling inserts in all my boots. makes a big difference as well as a nice thick pair of boot socks too of course.

I'm extremely hard on boots. All I wear is rubber boots. I had mucks, lasted two seasons before they sprung a leak. Out of warranty after a year on them. Bought under armour spinex last year. Toe was coming apart just the tiniest bit this year. I emailed under armour Sunday evening and told them for $180 I expected more from them for that price. Monday morning someone personally called me from under armour and it was an American haha. I was in shock. She told me there was a lifetime guarantee on all of their products. She told me I could exchange for the same pair or a different pair for the $180 price. I told her we were in the middle of hunting season and she overnighted me a new pair of UA HAW 800g boots that I chose with a return label for the other ones. She said just save the receipt and order number and no matter how many yrs from now the warranty is lifetime for the original price I payed of $180. Now that's standing behind your product! And the UA boots are way more comfy then mucks. They have a awesome heel support in them.

• Like 2

For a $100.00 you prob cant go too wrong the problem I had with rubber boots is they tend to crack behind the ankle and on the sides of your foot. I just retired a pair to wader boots for duck hunting. I had then 1 1/2 2 yrs tho, and do quite a bit of walking.I really would recommend Rocky Max protect, they fit like a sneaker, and they have a few options as far as boot height and insulation .

I'm extremely hard on boots. All I wear is rubber boots. I had mucks, lasted two seasons before they sprung a leak. Out of warranty after a year on them. Bought under armour spinex last year. Toe was coming apart just the tiniest bit this year. I emailed under armour Sunday evening and told them for $180 I expected more from them for that price. Monday morning someone personally called me from under armour and it was an American haha. I was in shock. She told me there was a lifetime guarantee on all of their products. She told me I could exchange for the same pair or a different pair for the $180 price. I told her we were in the middle of hunting season and she overnighted me a new pair of UA HAW 800g boots that I chose with a return label for the other ones. She said just save the receipt and order number and no matter how many yrs from now the warranty is lifetime for the original price I payed of $180. Now that's standing behind your product! And the UA boots are way more comfy then mucks. They have a awesome heel support in them.

That's awesome. I have a lot of UA stuff so that's good to know.

They are not that warm (but I tend to have cold feet), but I have had a pair LL Bean Maine hunting boots for 20+ years.  Tread has been thin for past few years.  Just wore a hole in the sole last week.  This will be my first time getting the rubber bottom replaced.

As long as the leather uppers are in good shape, they will stitch new bottoms on them. 

The only time my feet were wet in them, was if my feet got sweaty. 

Treat the leather with Sno-seal or mink oil once a year and good to go. 

Used them working on ground-level irrigation systems back in my college days, camping, hunting, and snow shoveling.  Waded through streams in them to within 2 inches of the boot top and feet stayed dry.  Ground hunt and use ladder stands in them.