Stealing hunting spots is low

Slickbowht

I assume that there is not a big coyote problem…. If not then go talk to the home owner. Let her know that this little prick purposely lied to her and ruined the good relationship the owner and you had. Let the owner know what a dishonest person she is dealing with.

They do not want to hear the BS.  Time to move on.  I have lost so many places in westchester county to other hunters,  I have offered up to 1k to people in that county just to park in there driveway and they look at you like your crazy.  I have offered 100 $  to park in driveways in dutchess county and people look at your nuts the other way,  they think they are stealing from you.  Different ball game in westhcester.  omaha steaks and a case of beer will get you no where.......

• Like 1

I hear ya Skully , It was just a good spot I shot a nice 9pt there last year . The only place I had the deer pretty well patterned. I ******* on here rather than to the land owner. I didn't wana burn that bridge yet. ***** happends , Good luck in the woods

Edited by WNYBuckHunter
eddited inappropriate language, please see forum TOS

Wish they would allow Xbows in Westchester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But they don't.

Back to the original point...time to move on. You got ten years out of it and sounds like the stand-offish comment means that your effort is likely wasted. Time to simply move one.

• Like 2

Off subject , there are going to be so many wounded deer in crossbow areas this year. Because non bow hunters are going to try it and think you can kill a deer @60+ yrds . No penetration at long distance . & the prob won't put the time in and track like a bow hunter might .

At the risk of beating the dead horse, I really think you didn't do enough to secure your relationship with the land owner. And I'm a little concerned that after loosing the land to someone else your response is "wait till I find him".... And did or would you go to this wealthy home owner with a painted face??

I'm on the other side of your fence. I'm the guy who spends 50% of his time and efforts securing good private land and taking extreme measures to lock it down and protect it. If that means I end up securing land over someone who did not do those things, I don't think I'm the bad guy. I've lost land too, but I don't blame the takers. I suggest you congratulate the new hunters, offer help, and see if there's room for you. 

• Like 2

From all that I've read Westchester has more coyotes than a suburban county should have. I'ts seems strange that in ten years you haven't seen too many or taken any coyotes. I'm just saying I'd be telling the land owner of every coyote i'd killed on their property. In Columbia county when I first approach a property owner about hunting their land I never even mention deer, I ask if i can coyote hunt first, often they will allow me to deer hunt after a few seasons of coyote hunting.

Edited by EspressoBuzz

They do not want to hear the BS.  Time to move on.  I have lost so many places in westchester county to other hunters,  I have offered up to 1k to people in that county just to park in there driveway and they look at you like your crazy.  I have offered 100 $  to park in driveways in dutchess county and people look at your nuts the other way,  they think they are stealing from you.  Different ball game in westhcester.  omaha steaks and a case of beer will get you no where.......

I never said to BS them. Just tell it like it is.

I never said to BS them. Just tell it like it is.

What I meant was they do not want to hear the " he said she said" BS.  Once you get asked to leave it is over and almost not worth it anyway.  Once you are hunting a spot that you do not feel comfortable with landowner and you feel like your on borrowed time it is not enjoyable anyway.

I'm on the other side of your fence. I'm the guy who spends 50% of his time and efforts securing good private land and taking extreme measures to lock it down and protect it. If that means I end up securing land over someone who did not do those things, I don't think I'm the bad guy. I've lost land too, but I don't blame the takers. I suggest you congratulate the new hunters, offer help, and see if there's room for you. 

Same here. I spend ALOT of time maintining my relationship with the landowner, the farm manager, and other people that hunt the land and have good relationships with the manager and owner as well.

My wine comment just goes into a very tiny part of it, and was a suggestion that next time, offering venison only isnt always the best route.

• Like 1

I used to have the same issues. Stopped that dead by going to see the banker. You think its hard now, just wait a few more years. Buy land, run and manage it your way and dont worry about outside influence. I believe its going to be rough in the future and money will have a huge say as to when,where and if most have a place to hunt.

• Like 1

I hear ya Skully , It was just a good spot I shot a nice 9pt there last year . The only place I had the deer pretty well patterned. I ******* on here rather than to the land owner. I didn't wana burn that bridge yet. ***** happends , Good luck in the woods

I friggin hear ya.  I lost a spot last year that i shot 2 mature bucks and the best part is i did not see any other hunters there.  You show me a place in westchester county where you never see a single hunter on the property you were hunting or the sanctuary it bordered.  It was a friends house and they sold it in sept.........

What I meant was they do not want to hear the " he said she said" BS.  Once you get asked to leave it is over and almost not worth it anyway.  Once you are hunting a spot that you do not feel comfortable with landowner and you feel like your on borrowed time it is not enjoyable anyway.

You know the area better than me, but I would still give it a shot…..What the hell