Sick bear?

First-light

Looks like mange and it is horrible, I have had some first hand experience with mange after purchasing a silver Fox Kit years ago. The Fox had contracted mange before I got her, did not see anything suspicious when I picked her up but in a few days it reared it's ugly head. Mange is tiny mites that burrow into the skin and live off the host. It can also be contracted by Humans by close contact to an animal infected., ask me how I know. The itch these mites cause is fierce and never ending, you will scratch infected areas until you bleed. On Humans they will eventually die in a few days, on animals they will keep on spreading sometimes covering the whole body. There is a Human version called scabies, they used to treat with Kwell Lotion.

I ended up buying a dipping solution you mix up in a tub, dipped the Fox and a couple of my Hounds and got rid of it. Today Ivermectin can be used and will knock it down but back when I had the problem there was no Ivermectin.

It is an awful way to die.

Al

2 hours ago, airedale said:

Looks like mange and it is horrible, I have had some first hand experience with mange after purchasing a silver Fox Kit years ago. The Fox had contracted mange before I got her, did not see anything suspicious when I picked her up but in a few days it reared it's ugly head. Mange is tiny mites that burrow into the skin and live off the host. It can also be contracted by Humans by close contact to an animal infected., ask me how I know. The itch these mites cause is fierce and never ending, you will scratch infected areas until you bleed. On Humans they will eventually die in a few days, on animals they will keep on spreading sometimes covering the whole body. There is a Human version called scabies, they used to treat with Kwell Lotion.

I ended up buying a dipping solution you mix up in a tub, dipped the Fox and a couple of my Hounds and got rid of it. Today Ivermectin can be used and will knock it down but back when I had the problem there was no Ivermectin.

It is an awful way to die.

Al

I hope one of us can shoot it. I'll probably just dig a hole and put it in it. I've put out the word to the neighbors also.