Where are the hunters????

Doc

The hunting community are the only ones that can bring the younger generation into the sport.  We take our grandchildren out in bow season, so they can  have more human- deer interaction in nicer weather. A little safer season.  Starting them slow, and working up into the firearm season, as they mature.

Thanks to those that have taught and taken youth afield, so the hunting tradition can continue.

• Like 2

I have taken all of my kids, about a half dozen of my friends kids and about 4 of my friends hunting for the first time.  I have made it possible for all of them to pursue the sport if they wished to.  Sadly, none of them has decided to keep hunting.  They just don't have the fever.

We didn't have the distractions to keep us from enjoying mother nature when we were young.

Heck, we didn't know what was happening in the next county during the day and would have to hear it on the evening news or by ear to get info.

Now a days life cannot go on for some without that little china made cell phone in their hand telling them what to do.

Sad, but at least we're not giving up with the hope that the younger generations might come around one day.

SJC

Edited by Shoots100
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Grouse said:

I have taken all of my kids, about a half dozen of my friends kids and about 4 of my friends hunting for the first time.  I have made it possible for all of them to pursue the sport if they wished to.  Sadly, none of them has decided to keep hunting.  They just don't have the fever.

Deer hunting is tough to get addicted to, i always start/introduce them with pheasants on a preserve. Gets at least 25% hooked

• Like 1