Weird Stuff

Doc

You know, if you wander around the woods enough, you get to see some of nature's accidents and strange looking things. Here is some I came across. A couple of "kissing trees" amd a unicorn.

Anybody else have any weird natural things that you have photographed?

PA020006.JPG

PA020007.JPG

IMAG0110.JPG

• Like 3

I remember  while turkey hunting once a neighbor lady came riding horseback by my gramps and I. She was topless. She never noticed us. Gramps just grinned and recommended I not speak of it to my grandmother. I hunted that corner alot after that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Nytracker said:

I remember  while turkey hunting once a neighbor lady came riding horseback by my gramps and I. She was topless. She never noticed us. Gramps just grinned and recommended I not speak of it to my grandmother. I hunted that corner alot after that. 

Was she good lookin? :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

This  always reminds me of a Native American trail marker. Similar.

IMG_20230818_185124165.jpg

That poor hickory must have been bent over by another fallen tree or something. Maybe it was a bowhunter that was trying to clear a shooting lane.

Those tree butt growths are called burls and they can get big and be worth a lot of money if they are not rotten especially from Cherry or Walnut trees. The grain inside can be beautiful. makes for great decorative items such as handgun grips, knife scales etc.

Al

2024-01-19_101846.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 10:24 AM, airedale said:

Those tree butt growths are called burls and they can get big and be worth a lot of money if they are not rotten especially from Cherry or Walnut trees. The grain inside can be beautiful. makes for great decorative items such as handgun grips, knife scales etc.

Al

2024-01-19_101846.png

I have heard that in some cases, lumber companies like to dig up the roots of large walnut trees for the crazy grain structure underground.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Doc said:

I have heard that in some cases, lumber companies like to dig up the roots of large walnut trees for the crazy grain structure underground.

Many of the best figured gun stocks are made from those dug up stumps, they can be stunning.

Al