So is this Forum still unmanned and rudderless?

8 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

This site will not be going away anytime soon. Continue to enjoy. You will no longer see a bunch of clutter like what kind of beer someone is drinking. Most of the members left here were never ones that lived on the site daily.   And it’s so nice not to see the useless banter posted daily. 

I think most that left were on here daily. Sure it's nice to not have the useless banter but the fact is this site lost a huge amount of members. That is not good and with no new memberships it's a recipe for disaster. Enjoy it while it lasts. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, First-light said:

I think most that left were on here daily. Sure it's nice to not have the useless banter but the fact is this site lost a huge amount of members. That is not good and with no new memberships it's a recipe for disaster. Enjoy it while it lasts. 

True That. Seems those that did not feel the need to go anywhere live life off the computer and does not feel the need to tell the world what they do on a daily basis. Pop in for a few minutes, maybe engage in a quick convo and then back to real life. Not put up endless You Tube vid’s or make personal pages telling your every move everyday.  You do realize that people have been saying this site was going bye bye forever now and even with no new members here we are. Yes, Enjoy for sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

True That. Seems those that did not feel the need to go anywhere live life off the computer and does not feel the need to tell the world what they do on a daily basis. Pop in for a few minutes, maybe engage in a quick convo and then back to real life. Not put up endless You Tube vid’s or make personal pages telling your every move everyday.  You do realize that people have been saying this site was going bye bye forever now and even with no new members here we are. Yes, Enjoy for sure. 

Are you seriously criticizing the content of the few messages that are being posted here? I think I now understand why so many people left.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Are you seriously criticizing the content of the few messages that are being posted here? I think I now understand why so many people left.

Not sure how you got that out of reading that post.  What it really says is that it’s an enjoyment being on this site WITHOUT all the useless banter. Endless You Tube vids and the likes.  Maybe take a double take at the post. 

2 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Not sure how you got that out of reading that post.  What it really says is that it’s an enjoyment being on this site WITHOUT all the useless banter. Endless You Tube vids and the likes.  Maybe take a double take at the post. 

Yes, and that is definitely belittling posts that have been put up here on this site. Look, forums are not required to have only topics that you are interested in. What you consider to have been useless banter may be of some interest to others. It's not your place to critique activity here. I would suggest that you simply pass by those topics that you consider to be "useless banter" or You-Tube vids or whatever you think is beneath your attention and try not to suppress participation with criticism and ridicule.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes, and that is definitely belittling posts that have been put up here on this site. Look, forums are not required to have only topics that you are interested in. What you consider to have been useless banter may be of some interest to others. It's not your place to critique activity here. I would suggest that you simply pass by those topics that you consider to be "useless banter" or You-Tube vids or whatever you think is beneath your attention and try not to suppress participation with criticism and ridicule.

Exactly what I do. Make no remarks in useless Karate posts or posts about what you might drink for alcohol on a nightly basis. On A Hunting Forum. But I will make a post like that when I am talking about a Hunting site. And I can promise you I am far from alone in those thoughts. Maybe we are at that point where you could take some of your own advice. 

• Like 1

I'm going to say something and take it or leave it I think it pertains to what 4seasons is saying. I have been here since the beginning this site developed nicely. Things happened and people got crossed. So they left and now we have this place to ourselves and manage to be pretty civil and stay on topic. There is a wide range of topics in the Forums. Pretty much a place to post about anything. This maybe a personal thing but I don't like when a topic like "what's for dinner tonight" has some one posting all their meals at high end restaurants. I think a topic like that should relate to some type of game dinner. I really don't care if you ordered a 3 lbs lobsta (lol) in a fancy place. Show me the roast you smoked for 10 hrs! I'm using this as an example and you might think its petty. I guess in the end a Forum like this has to be open ended. You will get all types and have to deal with them. Like Doc said just don't respond or overlook it. Cranking down on it will shut people out. (yeah I know no new members). BTW heard Biz broke his leg mowing his lawn. He always ate at these fancy restaurants thought he would have lawn service! lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2024 at 7:55 AM, landtracdeerhunter said:

To each their own. I get some useful information; maybe post some good information for others to view. 

Take it or leave it !

This site and any site need to have new members. Everyone has a different perspective on any situation, and it would be nice to hear of different ideas or hear  different scenarios. 

Also it's hard to get on here when it's slow and freezes often. It's easier to get in other site.

• Like 1

I love the board's now easy going atmosphere, I do not miss the cheap shots or name calling, personal attacks on certain members, and the trolls, you had a bunch of adults acting like pre teen girls at a pajama party! For me it is about quality content and sticking to the board's theme which for the most part should be hunting-outdoor related. Hundreds of garbage posts about everything but!, those mean little to me. I think it is running great now!

Al

Edited by airedale