Nerves

Borngeechee

I'm guilty! I can be dead tired and I still play over and over in my head things like weather, temperature, wind direction, recent deer sightings, hunting pressure and what set up to use given all these factors. But it's this excitement that still gets me out of a warm bed on a cold and windy morning at three thirty, after more than forty hunting seasons. If the time comes and I should lose this anxious, excitement feeling. It will be time to hang up the old hunting hat for good.

I count down to hunting season all year. ..as soon as it ends I'm upgrading rigs and working on plans for next season....unfortunately for me more than likely this will be first year in my 16th gun season I will not be hunting with my dad as he's been pretty sick in and outta hospital for last few months....i hope and pray I'm wrong but it's not likely....but I'd rather him get better now and miss one than not have many more after this....good luck all the guys and gals out there and let's see what this season brings to our tables and walls... ????

Edited by stoneam2006
  • Like 1

Don't get nervous. But I have been making my check list tonight at work to make sure I don't forget anything. Plus my son is going with us to bow hunt Friday and sit with someone in our group Saturday & sunday. Need to make sure he is prepared to sit all day. So I have to prepare myself and him. I figure a week ahead is plenty of time to get the bags packed. I don't know who is more excited between the two of us!!

40th season here and I'm still like a kid before Christmas morning before a deer hunt. I keep checking weather, gear, thinking of my plan and am just excited. It's hard to work this time of year as I just want to be out there. Opening day of gun is the big one, I usually don't sleep well the night before. Last year I got up at 2:30am to start getting ready.

I been doing this along time. I don't get nervous about a hunt excited yes but never nervous. As long as you are prepared there is no need to get nervous. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

I'd throw anxious in there also!! Heck its bow season,I have a week of starting in 6 hours and I am getting amped up for rifle!!LOL