Curmudgeon

Photograph the bone yard

For those of you who do your own butchering, try taking your game cameras and putting one on the remains. Here are some samples. Some of these are sheep butchering remains and some are deer. The results are the same.

post-5300-0-51901700-1415623276_thumb.jp

post-5300-0-63342300-1415623300_thumb.jp

post-5300-0-16068400-1415623344_thumb.jp

post-5300-0-71683900-1415623421_thumb.jp

post-5300-0-87282000-1415623439_thumb.jp

post-5300-0-67773900-1415623507_thumb.jp

Edited by Curmudgeon
  • Like 8

Protect non-target wildlife. Use non-lead ammo - http://www.huntingwithnonlead.org/

The third picture down........... Is that a Fisher , Martin??????

I had the same thing come by me yesterday, it was huge , about 10-12  lbs ,I'd bet . About 40"- 42" long .I saw him come across my hayfield on Friday afternoon , then in front of my stand Sat. morning.

The third picture down........... Is that a Fisher , Martin??????

I had the same thing come by me yesterday, it was huge , about 10-12  lbs ,I'd bet . About 40"- 42" long .I saw him come across my hayfield on Friday afternoon , then in front of my stand Sat. morning.

It's a fisher. Fishers have had a remarkable range expansion helped in some part by people. WV introduced them to help control porcupine I think Martins are limited to only the Dacks. There is probably good habitat in the Catskills. Does anyone know if there are martin in the southern forest preserve?

Protect non-target wildlife. Use non-lead ammo - http://www.huntingwithnonlead.org/

My dog had a run in with a porky last year, glad I didn't shoot  the Fisher.attachicon.gif0601131919.jpg

He let me pull everyone out within a half hr, no infection or any problems after.

My springer got into a porkie. That dog would let me do anything to him EXCEPT pull out the spines. He put his teeth on my arm and squeezed - no pain, just a warning. We had to knock him out.

The Barred Owls will spend time scavenging. This one only spent a moment. It may have been getting mice - which have been triggering the camera a lot. The Great-horned Owls seem to not scavenge. The come in and leave. I assume they are getting mice and shrews, and the occasional flying squirrel.

Edited by Curmudgeon