How long before sunrise??

wooffer

Depends...with gun season I still try to get in 1- 1 1/2 hours early...for one thing it is dang noisy out there now...we have had very low temps and the ground has frost heaving already crunch crunch crackle crunch all the way...I like to give the deer time to settle and come back...and they will... ie....  I had a great stalk on a doe and fawn the  last 45 mins...had the fawn 10yrds from me a few times ..just watching each other... the doe was just about in range at 35 yrds when the turkeys came in...well I tried to get closer when they had her attention and PUTT!!!...she must know turkey speak...lol for she turned and looked right at me then the blowing started and she just paced and circle blowing all the time...I just left...fed chickens and drove gator back over there to cut some limbs for my rifle stand...for all the yelling she did just 20 mins earlier..... I kicked up 10 doe and fawn when I drove up...really?? most I've seen all season and  bow was over....

The other reason......... we our standing on top of each other hunting here...I prefer not to be moving opening weekend... and they all come out after me...most escape route go through us...I just have to gamble on which will be the most used route.

Edited by growalot