Seeing Deer? Not me.....

Core_Lokt

How many deer are you seeing per one day?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How many deer are you seeing per one day?

• NONE
    • 1-2
    • 3-5
    • 5-10
    • 10+

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw one deer all last season.  It was a doe first night of regular season, no DMP, so she walked.  I still had a great season last year for other reasons than geting a deer.  My nephew got his first deer, and I helped him gut it, drag it and process it. I saw friends I had not seen since the pevious season.  We laughed, we ate venison, drank a beer or two,  and had a great time.  Thise things equal a great season to me. As long as I am able to get out and enjoy the complete hunt, I will have great seasons, if I never shoot another deer. 

Have a great season every year Buck or not. I actually missed a chippy shot at a beauty 8-pointer this year..that I saw on the first snow. 40 yards walking broadside.. a little brushy, but no excuses... I just flat out missed! ... First time in 30 years that I've miised a buck with the 870... maybe its the eyesight, not getting any younger... he should have been in the freezer, but oh well.. it wasn't meant to be. While I was on his track making sure I didn't wound him I spotted a 4-pointer walking ahead of me and got to watch him for a few minutes. Just love being in the woods

I often get depressed spending all that time outside trying to get a deer and think of the time I wasted . But you know , it wasn't wasted time . I was out and about enjoying nature and if I hadn't been out I would have been sitting on my butt at the computer !  ???

Ha-ha ... at my age anytime I can walk out the other side of the season, it was a good season .... ;D . Being retired, I have the ability to hunt as much as I want to. The past bunch of years I have been able to log an unusually high number of hours hunting when compared to my working years and the hunting is a whole lot more relaxed and carefree. To me that makes them all great seasons.

I enjoy hunting with my friends.We laugh we joke we eat great meals,play some cards,smoke many many good cigars,drink a bit.Great times.A deer is a bonus,A buck even better.I go to unwhind,not get more stressed.It is a shame we only do this during gun season.When we go up any other time we go home at night.

We hunt down in 9J - Chautauqua County Southern Tier and have seen the least amount of deer in three years for gun season, bow season is always good.

I went to my camp last night to check it out with the early snowfall over the past few days and there is approx 3 feet on the ground. Another storm is predicted for late Sunday evening thru Tuesday with the high temps being in the teens ! This outta be an interesting weekend for sure, seeing deer in 3 feet of snow ?  I am using my snowshoes and hoping for the best !, I saw some nice bucks and big doe delivered at the processors  so they are still out there. Good luck to everyone, especially those with the big snow,  road hunters will be almost elimiated since the piles of snow along the roads plowed are 6 feet high.