Why I may be getting discouraged....

growalot

A few more day times...not a lot...Ahhh so the neighbors may have gotten a few...probably guys a couple of miles over got a few...but my planting allowed me to "get them " first...Let me capture them on film not only near plots but under and next to tree stands in the woods...I "hunted" them all summer and fall and will all winter  changing cam locations...

Biggest discouragement is this is the first time they all arrived and stayed...but also the first time my doe have disappeared...that bothers me....

Thanks Rob..to be honest the only discouragement I really feel is'nt getting or even seeing a mature doe during legal hours...I really don't need to bag a big buck to feel like a successful season was had...no digs ment to ANYONE in that statement...eeggads I walk on egg shellls...anyhoo the accomplishment I get is in being able to get that class of deer and the doe rearing fawns on our place...knowing where to set stands...though Lord I have so many it's kinda moot at this point... :cheese:

I really worked hard on this place to be able to see deer like that and even a possible shot on them  with out having to do anything illegal...these pics will last me a life time....

• Like 1

Phade...you seem to looking at it a bit gloomier than I do....I have seen a lot of deer...passed many small buck...tons of fawn...in fact today while cleaning PC room the boys barked..looked out to see a big fawn standing 10 _15 yrds out from the basement door...then while getting the mail 2 fawns jumped out of the garden....All one has to do is look at the pictures to see my plans and work payed off....ppl look at pay offs differently I Guess...I see a lot of healthy deer there...and crazy potential for next year...the spike I past...has and I'm being conservative....18-20" long curved spikes. This based on the 9 pts. measurement....

It an't over till it's over and here is still some time left. I know how you feel , I have been passing up on the young bucks and 1-1/2 year old does and there new born this year also , wating for  grand Ma and Paw to show up , hope they do in the next week. or so.

• Like 1