CVA?

crowkiller

• 4 weeks later...

there is nothung wrong with cva.  I had an optima elite with the 50 cal barrel and 270 interchangeable.  Inheritantly more accurate than my encore.  I wouls stillbe using it, but a nephew borowed it a couple years ago, and I havent seen it since. 

I have a CVA Electra. They stand behind their product very well.  I was having problems with it not going off after 5 or so shots.  Called they sent me an entirly new electrical system 2nd day.  As it turns out that was not the problem. But they tryed to help with everything.

Conneticut Valley Arms ( and traditions also ) are built in Spain by American hateing Spaniards. T/C (Smith and Wesson corp also based in America) actually are built in New Hampshire by Americans. Savage also built in America also makes a good front stuffer. I prefer to keep Americans working so I prefer American made products. With that said, I have owned one cva that I won as a door prize. Was able to kill 2 doe with it before I sold it and bought a T/C  Triumph. So they will get the job done.

no it was real, but it was operator error, the same as you wil see if you google ml barrels bowing up.  One gun blowing u would not cause them to go out of the ml business. They could just market it as not able to use smokeless. 

I have a cva kentucky long rifle, and a pistol and would and have shot against nef,tc, and modern rifles and they are both awesome shooters. the key is to take the time and find what your gun likes to shoot, my long rifle likes 80 grains if powder with a patched roundball, my pistol i use 50 grains with a patched ball. I also have a N.E.F. that shoots 95 grains of powder with a 240 grain xtp sabot. My tc encore shoots 120 grains with a powerbelt bullet. my knight pistol shoots 55 grains with a 250 grain flatnosed 45 cal sabot. I've taken deer with all of these guns and loads. almost all guns shoot well if you find the right combination that works!

I bought a cva staghorn used for 75$.  Put a cheap scope on it I already had. just had to buy the bases.  I cant believe how accurate this gun is!!  Ive had it for 3 years now and my friends all say I should upgrade but I freakin love this gun!!.

CVA has come a long way in the past ten years or so. When they first came out, I thought they were cheap guns and crap. But, they now make well made decent affordable guns. I think they are fine.

I have 3 muzzleloaders 2 Thompson Centers (Renegade & Hawken) and a Pennylvania Long Rifle from CVA.

• 1 month later...