MeatEater

Paula

I read his other American Buffalo which was very good in my opinion as well. I wish i could watch his show but my cable provider doesn't carry that channel. I used to watch his other show I forget what its called. It was years ago.

Show was called "The Wild Within" and was aired on the Travel Channel for only one season.

I think those are the only ones I watch. MeatEater baked a whole bucks head a few ago to eat the meat

Do you watch "Into High Country" & the "Dropped" series too? Both of those shows often end W/little or no success as far as kills. More like real life than the "trophy hunt" shows on expensive leased properties where other shows are "staged"..

• Like 1

Steve is an excellent writer and his show is in my opinion the best that is on television. Aside from his sponsors who he has to hype(even that isn't to bad) the show is incredibly real.

I wish I had his culinary talents, he definitely knows how to prepare food. I like his humility and ability to laugh at himself. He just seems like a real regular guy.

He is a talented writer. Google Steve Rinella articles, you will see a lot of good writing. 

• Like 1

Do you watch "Into High Country" & the "Dropped" series too? Both of those shows often end W/little or no success as far as kills. More like real life than the "trophy hunt" shows on expensive leased properties where other shows are "staged"..

I watch Dropped more than High Country, but neither on a regular basis. I like that it is "Real" compared to the trophies taken all the time in other shows.

last nights Alaska moose part 1 started a new season. great show. if you havent already, check out a few episodes from last season where he brings Joe Rogan out with him and teaches him the ropes on whitetail hunting. After a couple of episodes Joe is convinced he wants to live the rest of his life purely on free range hunted animal protein and never buy meat in a store again. I think a lot of us can relate to that.

• Like 1

Steve is an excellent writer and his show is in my opinion the best that is on television. Aside from his sponsors who he has to hype(even that isn't to bad) the show is incredibly real.

I wish I had his culinary talents, he definitely knows how to prepare food. I like his humility and ability to laugh at himself. He just seems like a real regular guy.

He is a talented writer. Google Steve Rinella articles, you will see a lot of good writing.

He has very little ego. And he does a good job of inserting his sponsors in without it being stupid and silly like some shows.

I loved the episode where he got rushed by a wounded moose. He was honest about it being stupid. Not a lot of macho TV hunters would do that.

• Like 1

I find 2 books and one is $35, i wont be buying the one

2012 - MeatEater: Adventures from the Life of an American Hunter

2009 - American Buffalo: In Search of a Lost Icon

2007 - The Scavenger's Guide to Haute Cuisine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 - MeatEater: Adventures from the Life of an American Hunter

2009 - American Buffalo: In Search of a Lost Icon

2007 - The Scavenger's Guide to Haute Cuisine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't read his Guide to Haute Cuisine. When I went to order it, it was $45 or more. Was it any good? He is writing another book/cookbook now which hopefully will be out within a year.