Bent barrel....

zeus1gdsm

So I score a nice 28inch vent rib on eBay.. I just got it in the mail and threw it on and to my dismay it appears to be bent to the left slightly near the center bead... Looking down it ignoring the beads u can see the curve. As well as putting it on a straight edge (the rib) leave the tip about an 1/8th of an inch off the edge.

So send it back or is this a cheap fix?

So I had the wife check it too... Without me even saying thing she saw it too...

Guy will take the return and refund the money... Which works out I guess...

Now I'm back to square one.. Trying decide if I get a new barrel. Or have my old shorty in the shop for rifle sights and a turkey choke

Well if you search "bent gun barrel" there are a lot of results... I read probably 50 various sites before posting here..

Seems shotguns are more common either due to the fact that shotguns in general are more common or due to to the thinner barrel walls offering less integrity

I wonder how a barrel gets bent?  I realize it's probably not impossible, but really it must take some serious forct to bend on!

that's what I was thinking, I would think it takes some real rough handling to bend it in the mail or during regular use.....maybe a factory defect?

I wonder how a barrel gets bent?  I realize it's probably not impossible, but really it must take some serious forct to bend on!

My father bent his by laying it in the back seat of his car & putting his hunting out fit & boots on top of it. It really doesn't take much it's just a thin walled tube.  A friend bent his by lowering it down from his climbing tree stand, leaned it against the tree he was in then climbed down over the top of it with the stand  ='s bent barrel !  We lol about it now, but he was pi$$ed at the time!

With all due respect I have a hard time believing a shotgun on a cushioned seat under clothing and boots could be bent .They are made better than that.The barrel must have gotten bent before that.I can see a treestand bending a barrel.

We know it wasn't bent when he put it in there, but it was when he took it out. All he did was drive from home to camp.   Thank you.