Cornell late season

Geno C

Good luck Geno.  I wish I had applied.  Should be fun.

yeah its a great time, lots of deer around there... and Dryden has some pigs out that way so i might partake in some bow hunting out there next year... Talk to Brad, you guys should sign up and try it out next season. We can meet up. This system they hve is great, its easy, clear and it works... i can book on my phone and do the reports on my phone. spots are clearly laid out with maps. very nice

• Like 1

I'll be there Geno, where abouts you hunting?

this week im not to sure. I have Frost Ravine booked now for friday PM. Two of my buddies will be in parcel next to it on A2 to give it a try. Where have you been hunting?

there are alot of F properties tho and a few others that allow gun. thats all i am using as well. cant see headed in to an area i dont have a stand in or know and utilizing the bow... If im driving 35 min to hunt and can use gun in property i dont really know since this is my first year, then i am using it. lol

Yeah I was on neimi also. Hunted it twice. Buddy missed a doe that slipped in behind and then next day I had a big doe come in but had no shot on. She 10 foot to clear a small hemlock row and I could have shot. How about you?

Isn't that counter productive? I thought the DEC wanted to decrease numbers??

They do, but they don't tell us we have to shoot anythijg and everuthing. I don't know about you but small yearling aren't worth my time in dressing and drag out. There are plenty of deer out there and other guys who would shoot them. I'd like to put meat in my freezer and little ones ain't going to cut it. The way I see it is, they give us a season to reduce numbers, if another 500 deer are shot due to that season I'd say hunters are doing their part and they benefit from it. But if I'm seeing deer I don't feel the need to do all that work for a small one.

For a while I have thought about this...our daughter works at Ithical so I could actually stay at her place and drive back and forth from Big Flats....but I have never hunted any public land  with or with out anyone...don't because...Well we are blessed with private and kinda feel strange encroaching on those that don't have that luxury....But having a late season would be fun...Would just need to stop injuring my self first to get around better.... :rolleyes:

For a while I have thought about this...our daughter works at Ithical so I could actually stay at her place and drive back and forth from Big Flats....but I have never hunted any public land  with or with out anyone...don't because...Well we are blessed with private and kinda feel strange encroaching on those that don't have that luxury....But having a late season would be fun...Would just need to stop injuring my self first to get around better.... :rolleyes:

im in HH come to me lets car pool lol

i like the late season, plus they are giving us 2 tags a day to fill, so why not. meat in the freezer.

Man, I bet you find a fetus or two when dressing.

That said I do wish NY would allow a longer bow season, but that's a different story.

What's the scoop on shed bucks...do they ask you to ID them and let them walk or don't they care?

Man, I bet you find a fetus or two when dressing.

That said I do wish NY would allow a longer bow season, but that's a different story.

What's the scoop on shed bucks...do they ask you to ID them and let them walk or don't they care?

you can bow hunt too if you signed up. they have designated spots for bow. no you dont have to ID a shed buck...

as far as fetus are concerned, yeah it can happen... I came back from one of my hunts the other day and a huge doe was hit almost in front of my house. We stopped and she was still barley alive, neighbors were peering through the window. We were getting ready to try and finish her since she was hit in the head and then the trooper showed up. He was extremely nice. We dragged her onto the guys front lawn and he finished her off. We took her and he gave us a tag. She was so big we were all almost certain she had babies in her but when we dressed her she had nothing. she was really just that big.