Crossbow arrow

stoneam2006

You can use the best 3d target made or even a bag and all arrows/bolts will act differently......not really sure about being able to get it out with two fingers??? Most arrows/bolts penetrate pretty good with the fps they are traveling.

Try woodys arrow lube..this will help with removing from a foam target.

I use one of those yellow jacket target bags for my Excalibur when shooting field points. The bolts can be pulled out with 2 fingers. I think the yellow jacket target bag was like $50-$60.

For broadheads, I just a small cheap broadhead target like $15-$20. I use one hand to hold the target and the other to pull it out. This is my discharge target as well, so I shoot at like 10 yards at over 300fps. No issues.

Shooting a field point into a broadhead target could make getting the bolt out very tough.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

Field tips and I just bought a new target specifically for my xbow....damn thing wasn't cheap...i will have to try some lube on them and that's a great idea Grow I actually have some out in the shop I will be trying that....my arrows are burying themselves all the way to fetches at 20 yrds. I'm going to get another thinner target for in front of it to help stop them from ruining my fletching

• Like 1

just go to the grocery store and buy one of those rubbery shelf liners...you can make many for less than one jar lid opener pad sells for...cut it in to squares ,circle what ever you like best...they grab the bolt and make it easier to remove...I use them for jar lid removers as well.

These things work great.  All I use.

Bolts enter fast and melt the foam to them in many 3 d deer targets and others made from same materials. Wd 40, wax, oil , all reduce the friction on carbon shafts, metal seems to dissapate the heat from friction better and don't stick. I've found compressed cardboard works well with carbon shafts . And perhaps putting a few layers in front of a block target will reduce speed enough to prevent melting.. I'll have to try that myself..o goody a new experiment

• Like 2

I use the Rag Bag Target for fieldpoints. Simple 2 finger removal! Buy the bag ($18-$25 depending on where you buy it), stuff it with old clothes, and have at it! Don't know what the bag itself is made of, but it has a lifetime warranty. If a spot starts getting soft, just shuffle the clothes around inside, repack, and you're good to go!

http://www.thirdhandarchery.com/product.asp?PRODID=9

This video is boring, but skip towards the end to see the easy bolt removal.

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 1

I cut 2x2 ft squares of old carpet and clamped a thick stack of them between 2x6 boards using threaded rod to compress them. I've been shooting the same target with my Xbows for 6 years now and can pull arrows out fairly easily. I will post a pic when I get a chance.

I have done this same thing with strips of cardboard  8" x 36" .   Also can use a cardboard box stuffed full/tight with the plastic they use to wrap shipping around pallets with when shipping things.  Pack them tight, tape them closed & wrap them with the same plastic.  Can shoot at 4 sides flip them & shoot into tops or bottoms last for ever if you keep dry.  I use boxes about 14"x24".