How many of you....

growalot

No one should have been feeding them in Oct. as well...the only way to ever feed a deer is through conservation efforts on land through planting and or woodlot work..ie...tree cutting and trimming

It is not the only way, it's just the only legal way in NY, right?

Texas and many southern states have a pretty strong history of feeding deer that do not involve planting or woodlot work.

Edited by phade

I personally won't feed deer even in a harsh winter like we are having, but I can't fault those that do. However, there are some rules that make sense. Here on long island we have Connectquot St. Pk. nearly 5000 acres that can not be hunted, it is loaded with deer (and ticks), is used by mostly equesritans and trout fishermen. Many on it's border feed deer and not just when the winters are this bad. None follow the rules of feeding deer 500 feet from a road. Some want to see the deer eating and feed them less than 20 feet from the shoulder and just over a 6 foot fence which is nothing for deer to jump.

Guess where most of the deer car collisions happen?

They can feed deer legally and it's just a road distance law? Seems odd. I thought legally we couldn't feed (other than that law case in one county).

Last time I looked at my address...I was still living in NYS Phade.....

Yes many many states have lawful feeding and the deer are fed a variety of things year round...year round being the key point in this...even farmers here can tell you what spring green up does to their livestocks digestive systems and how they need to take care on how they introduce livestock to pasture to avoid scours and bloat

Edited by growalot

Last time I looked at my address...I was still living in NYS Phade.....

Yes many many states have lawful feeding and the deer are fed a variety of things year round...year round being the key point in this...even farmers here can tell you what spring green up does to their livestocks digestive systems and how they need to take care on how they introduce livestock to pasture to avoid scours and bloat

Cool, I just needed to know why you were making a blanket statement. Didn't know you were talking about NY specifically when you made that statement because it wasn't stated so. Easy enough.

Not such a blanket statement in context to my very first post on a NYS forum....

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:51 AM

Think people will be or have already started feeding the deer out of concern for them...I'm thinking that more than a few...since I see that T/C Farms corn supply looked low and I saw ppl asking about sweet feeds and goat feeds and they sounded clueless standing next to a flat cart loaded up with whole corn...Oh and whats that red block do?

Not such a blanket statement in context to my very first post on a NYS forum....

You really are testy lately. Just seems like you want to bring up argumentative points. I asked a quesiton to clarify your statement to see if you thought feeding was bad in all situations or legal situations, and you go off the deep end. You should relax a bit Grow. Cabin Fever.

• Like 1

Do not expect tantrums to disappear overnight, especially if you have given a child reason to believe that his behavior will sway you. If you react properly and consistently, however, the tantrums will likely diminish. Eventually, they will stop altogether. The Bible says: “Love is long-suffering.”

1 Corinthians 13:4.

Just waiting you out.....

No one should have been feeding them in Oct. as well...the only way to ever feed a deer is through conservation efforts on land through planting and or woodlot work..ie...tree cutting and trimming

As mentioned... The post did not specify Ny... Soooooooooooooooo, that is not the only method in other states....

Ask your self when looking at the name starting these threads who is following whom

My my Phade listen I'll stop...you get in that last lick I know need...I do not want you to develop a peptic ulser...Honestly, how you manage to keep up and actually perform an 8hr work day amazes me. Besides  this, as with fly fishing, ones arm eventually gets tired....

Edited by growalot

Ask your self when looking at the name starting these threads who is following whom

Asking a completely logical question about the topic posted is following? Aye Aye Aye.

You start more threads than anyone else on this forum. Naturally, that means more posts will follow yours than the other way. Or does that not register?

Edited by phade

I'm not 100 percent sure, but i thought I remembered reading that legal feeding of any wildlife or livestock must be 500 feet from any blacktop road. Which kind of makes sense.

I think there is a statewide ban on feeding deer, with the exception being the lone court case a year or two back that was locally struck down. Don't think it was down on LI, but somewhere just upstate.