Stoeger

bkln

They certainly are affordable.  It won't break the bank to get your hands on it and it won't break your heart when you take a dive and split the stock.

I think so long as you don't expect it to hold up to serious high volume shooting it'll probably point where you aim and kill what you shoot.

I don't own one, but I've shot a few and seriously considered one as my first bird gun.

CZ does make a decent gun but I have heard some issues involving customer service. 

Comparing the Uplander and the Bobwhite seems more an aesthetic matter.  Both are good working class guns; extractors instead of ejectors, 2 trigger as opposed to single selective, walnut stocks etc.  The fit and finish of the CZ will undoubtedly be better but beyond that they're essentially the same gun.

• Like 1

I can't believe no one has jumped all over this post.  I've been waiting all week for a bunch of posts about Stoegers being cheap junk and advising the OP to save up for a "B" gun. 

Sometimes it's nice to proven wrong.

Edited by scolopaxmatt

I get sick of hearing about cheapnguns, mossberg are and have been considered cheap guns as well but I'll put my 835 for turkey against any ones remington, winchester browning, or benelli, if they were crap or junk they would not be around for years. If a gun fits you properly and your comfortable with it it will serve you well no matter how much you paid or whose name is on it.

I have a buddy that shot one for about 5 years as his primary waterfowl/upland gun. Stoeger M3000 semi. It is certainly a cheaper gun but I will say it held up very well considering we hunt very hard all season long and do a lot of shooting in the off season. If you can afford a more quality gun there are better ones out there but if that is your price range than I'd say give it a shot.

I have two Browning Citori's.  A 12 ga I paid $850 for on Gunbroker 5 years ago (add $75 or so for FFL shipping on both ends) and a 20ga English stock version I bought at a LGS last fall for $750.  Yes on the auction sites people ask stupid high prices for most everything but if you are patient and check weekly good deals do come up.  Helps that I have 4 or 5 LGS's (I am in MA) with their used inventory on the web so I check them often too. 

Bill

ive killed a lot of birds with one,My brother and a few buddies have too. keep it clean and lightly oiled and you will be good, Ive seen Brownings,Benellis,Mossburg,Remingtons all fail, because they were dirty or had to much oil in them, 15 degrees with 20mph winds in a wide open field half buried in the snow, you will be hard pressed to find a great gun if its dirty and there is too much oil, JMHO

• Like 1