Cmere Deer - legal?

longislandhunter

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh yes the tough guy forum poster.  All the guys that were picked on and bullied there entire lives get so tough on these forums.  I am sorry you were beat on as a little kid but i did not do it so take it easy.  I guess you have something against people that grew up in the city.  Just so were clear this "city" guy did the responsible thing and asked a question to find out an answer.  I guess you "country" boys just do what you want, no questions asked.  Take the law into your own hands.  Honestly I am too busy to be wasting my time with you.  Beat it!!

Ahh yes the tough guy forum poster.  All the guys that were picked on and bullied there entire lives get so tough on these forums.  I am sorry you were beat on as a little kid but i did not do it so take it easy.  I guess you have something against people that grew up in the city.  Just so were clear this "city" guy did the responsible thing and asked a question to find out an answer.  I guess you "country" boys just do what you want, no questions asked.  Take the law into your own hands.  Honestly I am too busy to be wasting my time with you.  Beat it!!

haha No us country boys read the friggin regs and understand them. In no way was I being an internet tough guy, most guys from the city are ok and I wouldn't deem them city fella's but, you on the other hand fit the shoe very well.

they allow 1.5 oz of bear attractant, or bear lure.

I can't find any DEC specs on deer...

I'd like to hear an official answer.

Here is a link to the DEC web site  http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/7197.html

No you can not use any amount of c'mere deer or deer cane or what ever product that fits the same vein. Its illegal, it doesn't matter if its a little or a lot. Other scents and lures are ok though, so I can see where you guys got mixed up. Basically if its not clear to you then don't do it. Just hunt, don't waste money on buying stuff like that.

the problem with c-meer deer is it supposedly stays in ground for up to a year.Which is the main reason feeding is illeagal.Concentrating the deer into one spot and possibly spreading the desease through contact or saliva.If you were to spray it on a stump they would be all licking the same stump and possibly spread CWD.

I am guilty of using it for a cover scent.I sprayed it on my boots and body.I used to carry a little 2 oz sprayer in my pouch and spray it in the air when on watch.If used in that situation i don't see how it is illegal.You aren't then baiting or feeding deer.It is the same as using apple spray or other attrractants.It is when you spray concentrated ammounts of it on the ground you are breaking the rules for feeding or baiting deer.

Nothing on the dec website states that a cover scent or attractant is illegal.

I think it depends on how you use it.

This arguement can go on for ever tho.

I would say yes legal, because there would be no way for a deer to eat smoke, unless its from the end of a gun barrell. The spray's can be put on leaves and give the deer to something to eat. But the only way to be absolutely sure would be to email a ECO and get it in writing if they say its a go.

I don't think those scents work either by the way.

you know whats funny, i always wondered why dicks, sports authority and other vendors CARRY c'mere deer and acorn rage and so on if it IS ILLEGAL in NYS? i just dont get why send NYS vendors products that illegal to use in NYS?

its kind of funny, almost like provoking one to use something that is illegal or just another way to make money.

Its like you can not buy a stun gun or a certain pepper spray and have it shipped to NY. same thing with the baits that are sold, so if its illegal to use why is it do easy to get? hardest part about getting the attractants at the store is getting them before the other hunters buy them up! lol

I chuckle every time I see them in line at Gander Mtn.

and the use of anything as a cover scent or scent attractor is NOT illegal. the line is drawn when you are using it to entice deer to feed on something eitther natural or unnatural to them. spray it on your clothes or boots is fine.....unless you sit in your blind and let them eat your boots ..lol

you know whats funny, i always wondered why dicks, sports authority and other vendors CARRY c'mere deer and acorn rage and so on if it IS ILLEGAL in NYS? i just dont get why send NYS vendors products that illegal to use in NYS?

its kind of funny, almost like provoking one to use something that is illegal or just another way to make money.

Its like you can not buy a stun gun or a certain pepper spray and have it shipped to NY. same thing with the baits that are sold, so if its illegal to use why is it do easy to get? hardest part about getting the attractants at the store is getting them before the other hunters buy them up! lol

That is funny because its like they are teasing you to do something wrong.  My buddy works at Bass Pro and he said that B Pro argued that it is illegal to use but not sell thats how they found a way to put it on selves I guess.  Making money is more important then the law?  Also there is a lot of people who work at B pro that arn't even hunters and if you asked them about the baiting things they wouldn't even know it was illegal.  Even if you were talking to someone who knows its illegal I doubt there gonna tell you that because they want you to buy it.  Its there job to sell things ya know, there just doing business.  I watched people who work there sit there and tell a consumer what is the best one and how to use it LOL!!! 

They cover there butts by putting up notices that its not for consumption by wildlife but for agricultural  use. Its not illegal to sell just illegal  to use for hunting.

They do the same thing with expandable broadheads . The Rage 3 and the Tekan II expandables are illegal in NY but the stores can still sell them .