This year will be my first year Muzzleloading.

burmjohn

TC makes a balloon that goes over your barrel,looks like a condom.In down pours I have cut a piece of wrenolds wrap and secured it with a rubber band,does the trick just fine.Some people use tape,works the same.

For the most part you really shouldn't need to cover the end of the barrel unless its on a sling and pointing straight up in rain/snow.

Good luck to all,glad I got one with the muzzle loader during rifle season..I was very impressed with the 350gr Hornady FPB.Next year might use the No Excuses in 460gr

TC makes a balloon that goes over your barrel,looks like a condom.In down pours I have cut a piece of wrenolds wrap and secured it with a rubber band,does the trick just fine.Some people use tape,works the same.

For the most part you really shouldn't need to cover the end of the barrel unless its on a sling and pointing straight up in rain/snow.

I bet I have some small party balloons that I can use.  I use the little party balloons for bobbers when Northern pike fishing.

Best of luck to all.

John, Good luck on your 1st ML hunt.

There really is something nice about walking in the woods with a semi-primative weapon. I use my ML without a scope to keep it a little more exiciting. I'm heading up for the last two days with a buddy of mine. My buddy has not taken a deer yet this year, so I'm hoping to get him a doe on my foodplot. Besides I rather much he take a doe, as we have not taken a doe off the property in three years.

No scope on mine this year either, I have one, but no time to sight in a scope.  All I know its going to be freezing in the woods this weekend. More then likely I'll be walking rather then sitting this weekend. Good luck!

I will probably walk and stand some in the AM and then setup close to the foodplots in the afternoon. Yeah this time of year atleast by me you cant count that it will be brutally cold and lots of snow. I dress up at my treestand and put on many many layers. I just checked the forecast and temps are in the teens all week with a chance of snow almost everyday. This time of year with snow on the ground just makes for magical times.