he's got to go!

growalot

Ants he is too interested in the deer...right beyond those trees behind GH is the chewed up carcass of a deer...as you noticed same area the dog was coming from...I followed his tracks all over the property....he was on several deer trails and through several beds...I have been search for him on drives around the area...

Question, what damages do GH do?

You can watch weeks of work (planting, weeding, thinning and other assorted versions of back-breaking work) destroyed, and removed, whole rows at a time in just a couple nights, courtesy of old Mr. Chuck. You can also see foundations undermined by their digging habits, and if you have a tractor or livestock, the holes in the fields can be murder, including bent up leg-parts if you happen to step into one of their holes. That's why farmers have a constant battle with the prolific fat-ass critters and always welcome you with a big broad smile on their face when you express an interest in shooting them. 

• Like 1

They will tear up a wood lot chewing and girdling trees and they can wipe out smaller food plots...then please don't get me going on loosing a tractor tire in any one of their burrows...Oh BTW those are just wonderful when they collapse and sink  a good sized area

Edited by growalot

They grow them big in the western part of the state, Hmm, I have one half that size that trims my lawn every morning and night , no other damage from it and it's young ones.Haven't seen it yet this year, hope the rabid fox did not get it.

My grandfather kept a rifle handy in the truck every spring and early summer and then again early fall.  The scope on it was zeroed in for head shots/long shots. If he wasn't working on a field or orchard, he patrolled for ground hogs.  Their burrows and tunnels aren't very nice to the corn or wheat harvesters, or a wagon carrying a load of freshly harvested tomatoes in stacked baskets (or while walking through bean field in mid-summer).

If you were one of my neighbors, I would come over on the weekend to help put him in a pine box.