good luck

Red

Played dueling banjos with a neighbor who decided to camp on the property line ( shooting in). Always fun. Nether of us managed to coax in the Tom who was responding. I saw that the turkey had in fact managed to circumnavigate us both, heading deeper into my woods. I almost managed to head them off and get into an ambush position , but I was made at the last second. Fun morning. Great weather, annoying neighbors.

I was only able to hunt until 830 i lined a job up near the state land that i hunt and held off on scheduling for today.

I got into my spot at 5 i could hear people using their owl calls in all directions but never heard any gobbles i was doing some calling and could hear what sounded like a couple of hens. An hour later i see 2 guys stalking into my calls they got to about 40yrds and i took my mask off so they could see me once they seen me they went back the way they came from. I was a good 1/2-3/4 of a mile back from the road i didn't expect see anyone stalking around that early it was only 630. Its state land and every Hunter has their own way of hunting so i wasn't pissed or anything. I moved to a new spot until 830 and never heard a bird. I heard a total of 5 shots in that General area this morning.

State land.... Scary thing. I got a late start today and was passing the darien lake state land around 7 am watched a guy walking in with his shotgun. Dont think he realized it is bow only and you need a permit.

State land.... Scary thing. I got a late start today and was passing the darien lake state land around 7 am watched a guy walking in with his shotgun. Dont think he realized it is bow only and you need a permit.

Wonderful, I was at Darien this morning with the bow n that's the last thing I want to worry about is some idiot with his shotgun in their... I was out scouting there during youth weekend and heard a shot I'm pretty sure was in the park ... Waited around for a bit back at the truck as there was only one other truck parked to see if they came walkin out with a gun but never showed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they post signs that say bow only during turkey, permit required?... I have never stopped or hunted darien but I did know it was bow only.

No signs, but no excuse to not know the land you hunt... There's a permit required for deer too and loads a people know about that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk