Non-Compliance in NY is a Beautiful thing!

This is great and all but I have some problems with the hoopla over it....Your dealing with a personality that is akin to tantrum throwing 3 yr old...Really have you looked at his face and demeanor during some of his rants?

Calling him out in articles such as that will bruise that giant ego of his....He will gather his ppl and tell them to step it up on the gun grabbing strategies he has in play. Do you think that when dealing with such a personality, that holds a powerful position...legalities will get in his way?

This is great and all but I have some problems with the hoopla over it....Your dealing with a personality that is akin to tantrum throwing 3 yr old...Really have you looked at his face and demeanor during some of his rants?

Calling him out in articles such as that will bruise that giant ego of his....He will gather his ppl and tell them to step it up on the gun grabbing strategies he has in play. Do you think that when dealing with such a personality, that holds a powerful position...legalities will get in his way?

exactly what I was thinking....

Dont want to be the spoiler here and trust me I'm in the business so I'm certainly not in favor of the SAFE act but.......

Had a guy in the store the other day...real nice guy...Him and his son chose not to register their guns...Son is moving out of the house to his own apt...While driving he gets pulled over...Hmmm..guns in the car?..what ya got?...humm sir?...

Long story short this man has to now hire a lawyer as his son got arrested for having an unregistered assault rifle in his possession! (its a .22 GSG!) ..young kid facing felony charges that will follow him for life...

Hope Andy and his cronies are happy

Sucks..

Dont want to be the spoiler here and trust me I'm in the business so I'm certainly not in favor of the SAFE act but.......

Had a guy in the store the other day...real nice guy...Him and his son chose not to register their guns...Son is moving out of the house to his own apt...While driving he gets pulled over...Hmmm..guns in the car?..what ya got?...humm sir?...

Long story short this man has to now hire a lawyer as his son got arrested for having an unregistered assault rifle in his possession! (its a .22 GSG!) ..young kid facing felony charges that will follow him for life...

Sucks..

You sure it's a felony charge ? Thought it was a misdemeanor

If I had to guess, I'd say most of the LEO's that will enforce this unconstitutional law are either on Long Island or in or near NYC.

Cuomo doesn't have the resources, or the revenue, to enforce this law across the entire state with that level of non-compliance.  Don't forget many upstate sheriff's and LEO's refuse to enforce it as well.

Of course it goes without saying, you need to be smart about your non-compliance.  It has been said, the best way to build resistance to any unconstitutional law, is to vigorously enforce it.

Until this law is repealed, jury nullification is the best course of action to defend anyone charged under this law.  NY citizens need to educate themselves on what that's about and get it into every Judge's instructions, to every jury in a SAFE Act case.

I didn't look too deeply into it, but pretty sure this it the charge for failing to register..........but like I said, I didn't dig too deep so may be wrong.

265.01-b Criminal possession of a firearm.
A person is guilty of criminal possession of a firearm when he or she:
(1) possesses any firearm or; (2) lawfully possesses a firearm prior to
the effective date of the chapter of the laws of two thousand thirteen
which added this section subject to the registration requirements of
subdivision sixteen-a of section 400.00 of this chapter and knowingly
fails to register such firearm pursuant to such subdivision.
Criminal possession of a firearm is a class E felony.

• Like 1

It's a good thing a lot of NY State gun owners aren't pissing their pants in fear of Cuomo and his insane hatred of gun owners.

If they were, They'd already be suffering under even more oppressive gun laws Cuomo is just itching to impose on them.

If I had to guess, I'd say most of the LEO's that will enforce this unconstitutional law are either on Long Island or in or near NYC.

Cuomo doesn't have the resources, or the revenue, to enforce this law across the entire state with that level of non-compliance.  Don't forget many upstate sheriff's and LEO's refuse to enforce it as well.

Of course it goes without saying, you need to be smart about your non-compliance.  It has been said, the best way to build resistance to any unconstitutional law, is to vigorously enforce it.

Until this law is repealed, jury nullification is the best course of action to defend anyone charged under this law.  NY citizens need to educate themselves on what that's about and get it into every Judge's instructions, to every jury in a SAFE Act case.

I would think the NYS Police would be pretty strong enforcers of this law...........and don't they provide Police services in areas of NYS that don't have their own dept's? and that's a pretty big area. I know if 911 is called in our area of Delaware County it's the NYS Police who respond.

From what I've heard, the NY State Police have officially said they will enforce it, but I believe many of the troopers have big problems with that stance.

Like I said, you have to be smart about your non-compliance.

Things they would be looking for...people moving....I assume running the tags of a vehicle before a stop would link registered owner to a pistol permit? So transporting in those cases should be considered,use someone elses car...One would only have to make sure they are not letting their guard down and thinking like Cuomo and his cronies would be a start . Making sure you are not doing anything to be stopped if you decide to move said guns to a new location.

Sucks..

Well if you're transporting illegal guns in your car I'd think you would not have any guns or accessories in plain view ,not break traffic laws and if you got stopped know that you don't have to answer questions about guns in the vehicle in NYS.

If you're not going to comply and I support that wink wink then have the brains to think things through .

I feel sorry for the kid but clearly he had know idea of his rights at a time he should have been overly cautious.

There is no link from tags to permits in NYS and they have no right to count the rounds in your handgun in a traffic stop should you for some unknown reason tell the cop you have one. That case was already tossed out of court somewhere around Batavia if I remember correctly .

Cop tried to say he could tell by the weight of the gun lol. Judge said nice try.....

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 2

Regarding NYSAFE Act, and those who could enforce it is to be extremely wary of all. Those LEOs who will disregard it, will do so quietly. They have my complete respect and cooperation. Those that do enforce SAFE just get the necessary respect.

A LEO visited a club I had an affiliation with shortly after the law was enacted. Boiled down; his loud and proud statement was that of not enforcing SAFE. Yet in the next sentence, he said he would use parts of it when coupled with other offense (s).

In my mind, this is not the help needed from LE. Completely ignoring the law is what is needed from the LE community. Partial enforcement leaves us imperiled by SAFE at all times.

There are many scenarios that could play out with a semi enforcement attitude. One could be charged and then beat the charge on some other offense, only to be left with the SAFE charge that one cannot win. Another scenario that bothers me even more is the possibility of a setup. A false charge is made and a SAFE charge is added. You lose.

Until the SAFE Act is completely dismantled, no honest, decent citizen or visitor to the State of New York is safe.

Another thought or two on SAFE:

the Governor's penchant for behaving like a three year old throwing a tantrum is well documented. He is also on record as a proponent of keeping weapons out of the hands of those with disqualifies such as mental issues and criminal activity.

A) Given his demonstrated mental instability, I don't believe, and apparently many gun owners agree, letting the governor know where guns are, would by his own definition, be an unsafe act.

B) Let's hope LE makes a public spectacle of the removal of the governor's shotgun when the Feds finally catch up to him. I'm speaking of the shotgun he claimed to own the night SAFE was rammed up our donkeys.

All highly improbable, but it would be welcome irony.

you also have to consider, that the LEO who would never in a hundred years charge you with a Safe Act violation on it's own, may have no choice in the matter if it's coupled with other charges / factors...... 

This is my point exactly...Most if not all LEO's would be left with no choice but to enforce a SAFE act violation if it was found along with another charge...but its not like theyre knocking down doors and dragging away your guns.

AGAIN I'm NOT agreeing with the safe act at all just trying to educate the public that for whatever reason a LEO visits your home (domestic dispute,dog barking,pissing in your backyard..whatever) or you get pulled over for a traffic viloation you would be at risk for a SAFE act enforcement if your firearms are visible.

Its already happened. The government will take your guns, house by house, if they feel there is a need. They don't need laws like the safe act, in order to act illegally. Anyone who thinks this can't or won't happen, are highly 'optimistic' individuals.Listen to what the National Guardsman says at 1:58 in this video. He is prepared to shoot Americans.

Edited by Papist