Any Non-white Members?

Except for a few thick-skinned women, it appears this is a white men's club. If there are any non-white members, please tell us what you think of members displaying Confederate battle flags as their avatars in the wake of the slaughter in SC.

Whatever anyone is trying to communicate with these flags, is their use good for huntingny.com? Will it make others feel welcome? Is it good for hunting?

Why does it matter if the person is non-white?   Don't you think whites could find it inappropriate?  Or is your white guilt / Self-perceived white privilege blinding you?

Folks have the right to display what they want or allow the displaying of what they want on their site.  Others don’t have to like it, but we should accept it as their right.  

• Like 3

Except for a few thick-skinned women, it appears this is a white men's club. 

The irony of course, is that this statement is both misogynistic and racist. Do you think there are 'forces' at work actively trying to create this 'club' of a single color, as you perceive it ? 

And Curmudgeon, in true liberal fashion, tries to memory-hole those things he doesn't like. How intolerant of him.

His faux concern for the site is a typical tactic employed. It is a diversionary approach toward the real goal, that he is not man enough to confront head on.

Edited by Papist

The issue is since the shooter had a battle flag in his bedroom or apartment , the wolfs are all now crying

for it to be banned from anything and everywhere... oh is racist .... if fact the the flag was a BATTLE FLAG so the north and south could tell each other apart during the war. Blacks and Whites died under 

that flag because they didn't want to join the Union States. Since the wolfs are crying Racism , everyone

else is plastering it up all over the place in response to there ignorance. 

• Like 1

From the article above:

According to Alan Keyes, a former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations and three-time GOPpresidential candidate, this rhetoric was misguided.

“I thought we had spent a lot of time healing those wounds, but whenever these politicians want to reopen them, they act as if Robert E. Lee and others who fought bravely under that flag of the Confederacy were simply doing some evil work regardless of the liberty they thought they were toiling,” he told Newsmax TV host Steve Malzberg.

The point he made was that the Confederate flag stood for a lot more than just slavery. It also stood for the “great deal of sacrifice of blood and toil” made by those who “were defending their state’s liberty.” In effect, it stood for state’s rights.

Furthermore, Keyes pointed out that even the American flag hosts ties to slavery.

Edited by Papist

I do not think it possible to change the mind of a confirmed liberal, leftist, or Progressive, no matter the amount of factual, historical, or logical information presented.

Once they have adopted what they are told to think, they are closed minded and hostile to any other opinion.

It's quite like a herd mentality.

• Like 5

I do not think it possible to change the mind of a confirmed liberal, leftist, or Progressive, no matter the amount of factual, historical, or logical information presented.

Once they have adopted what they are told to think, they are closed minded and hostile to any other opinion.

It's quite like a herd mentality.

Well said Mr. VJP

• Like 2

Does anyone else remember when Mike's post was quoted by an animal rights activist?  Other people read this stuff.

I don't particularly like the bloom of confederate flags here, but you are free to do as you wish. 

Just know that what we say and perhaps inadvertently convey here reflects on you, me by association and hunters in general.

In the big wide world of business there's this buzzword; optics. 

Something happens; an employee shoots a bunch of people, gets caught stepping out on his lady, whatever. 

Those who have a stake step back for a second and someone says, "What are the optics on this?" 

What he means is, what does this LOOK like to other people.  Never mind what it IS. 

We as a community need to be aware of the "optics" of this thing.  Like I said, I don't care what you do.  I get it.  You impetuous, rebellious, a true American patriot.  Good for you, but don't poison the well.

We as a community need to be aware of the "optics" of this thing.  Like I said, I don't care what you do.  I get it.  You impetuous, rebellious, a true American patriot.  Good for you, but don't poison the well.

Being patriotic is poisoning the well? Who's well, Karl Marx?  Rachael Madcow?

Funny how you fellers never seem to show much interest in the 'optics' of the left and their endless assaults on freedom.Sometimes you just have to take a stand.You just want to keep you head down while they left chips away, piece by piece.

Edited by Papist

can somebody explain to me why people are even using the confederate flag as their avatar?  or supporting it all of a sudden in public?    i mean, the flag represents the south (which we aren't from, I'm guessing) and the confederacy LOST the war.  what personal attachment does anyone even have to it?   Im going to guess that the majority of us are new immigrants to this country within the last century, who immigrated most likely a northern city.  so what is the attachment to the flag?  just curious.

• Like 4

Funny how you fellers never seem to show much interest in the 'optics' of the left and their endless assaults on freedom.Sometimes you just have to take a stand.You just want to keep you head down while they left chips away, piece by piece.

Very well aware of the left. Very much disgusted by extreme lefts as much as I am by the extreme right. However, I don't feel the need to regurgitate everything i read online to a bunch of hunters who prefer to talk about hunting, fishing, camping and occasionally some political stuff. Last I checked most of us hunt to get away from it all.

It's just enough man. You're not swaying anyone's beliefs on this website. It's to the point where I'm sure not alone when I say I get less and less likely to open up this site with the abundance of political posts. We've been around and around this. You can't just "look past it". I know 90% of us use our news feed. This morning I see nothing but confederate flags on the feed of a NEW YORK website.

In the Mississippi hunting forums (check out our state flag). 1 thread! 1! How hard is that?

• Like 2

OMG...Sticks and Stones may break my bones ,but the color and design of any AMERICAN flag can't hurt me.....Really? Native Americans should be offended by any flag flown and they should be the only ones.

There, I fueled a different BS session for those that seem to need it on either side... :rolleyes::popcorn:

• Like 1