Any Non-white Members?

Being patriotic is poisoning the well? Who's well, Karl Marx?  Rachael Madcow?

The well I was referring to, metaphorically, is the community of hunters and huntresses.  The voting public has a tenuously positive view of our proclivities.  Let's do what we can to keep it that way. 

But I think you knew what I meant.

I am just getting a batch of Southern Cross flags in.  3' x 3', actual size, not the 3' x 5'. 

Have to support the secessionists.  

Guess slavery will be a hot topic for  a while.  There is a good debate in that.

• Like 1

My suggestion would be that we start a collection here and send these confederate flag wavers on a small vacation to Detroit.  We would see how bold they would be waving that flag over there.  LOL

Don't need to go to Detroit. How about right here on the east side of Buffalo?

We will be glad to put the work in to setup and coordinate a slavery / racism / history debate.  Live audience, Q & A, filmed.

Can you get your request for the collection to be pinned on the forum?

Around $300 for a good room and couple hundred more for a little advertising. 

I'll be glad to host. We will hold it on a weekday evening.

We just held a great event Sunday before with national civil rights activist Adam Kokesh. We can set this up no problem.

Learning sounds better than censorship, doesn't it?

Edited by tony m
  • Like 2

The well I was referring to, metaphorically, is the community of hunters and huntresses.  

Communities are made up of individuals, people with all manner of divergent views. If lefties are upset by aspects of such a community, I won't be losing any sleep. And you still haven't told us why we should mind our own 'optics' when lefties clearly don't care about what we think of theirs.

Your suggestion = capitulation to the enemy. No thanks.

Except for a few thick-skinned women, it appears this is a white men's club. If there are any non-white members, please tell us what you think of members displaying Confederate battle flags as their avatars in the wake of the slaughter in SC.

Whatever anyone is trying to communicate with these flags, is their use good for huntingny.com? Will it make others feel welcome? Is it good for hunting?

Why does it matter? Oh wait, mmkay already answer that.... Never mind then...

• Like 1

I grew up in a border state that sent troops to both sides.  My known family genealogy has two in the Union army - copy of discharge papers of one, the other never came home. 

I also lived in the rebel capital for a couple years after college - what does that make me a yankee or rebel?

I moved to NY for more opportunities - I am sure others have as well.  Then there is family that have moved to Tennessee, Georgia, and other states.  A lot of people have moved around this country in past 3-4 decades. Companies transfer employees around, relocate offices, etc.

There is a lot of pride that people carry with them from where they grew up or family came from.  The South fought to protect their states' rights to determine how their lives are governed and felt the Federal gov. was taking that away.  It was not only about slaves.

To some the flag may be something the reminds of:

• home - the south
  • family that fought for the south

or they are just rebel at heart - no matter where they are from.

• Like 1

Guess slavery will be a hot topic for  a while.  There is a good debate in that.

Only black slavery. No one ever talks about that fact that the first waves of slaves to the new world where poor whites and the occasional political prisoner. Doesn't fit the narrative. I guess no one ever heard of the 'red legs' ? I know I never got to hear about them in school. Had to educate myself on this and many other issues that the state system misrepresents or ignores.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be here if an ancestor wasn't sent to prison and then shipped to work in the ironworks for 20 years as a prisoner of war for serving with the Scots against England.

People also forget about the free blacks that came here as indentured servants.  First person killed in the Boston Massacre was a free black man, Crispus Attucks.

Red legs, nice group of guys, if you are with them... otherwise, you end up in ground when your body was eventually was found.

Communities are made up of individuals, people with all manner of divergent views. If lefties are upset by aspects of such a community, I won't be losing any sleep. And you still haven't told us why we should mind our own 'optics' when lefties clearly don't care about what we think of theirs.

Your suggestion = capitulation to the enemy. No thanks.

Yes, communities are comprised of individuals.  Usually this process involves some cooperation/concession for the benefit of all in that community. 

You are clearly not a part of any community. 

"Thick Skinned Women ?? "

I am personally offended by Curmudgeon, AKA " Supreme Turd Poker and Troll" suggesting that our tender lady members are similar to hippos, or at the very least, water buffaloes...

I suspect that he is an aging hippie and draft dodger who fled to Canada to avoid his obligation for military service, and I suggest that as punishment for his crimes, we strap him to a gurney in a padded room and force him to listen to nonstop John Denver albums for a week..

Why dose it matter if someone s white or some other race or creed on this website it doesn't matter so why ask. If it matters to you then maybe you should fined a another site to go on that makes you sign in by race and creed.

Why dose it matter if someone s white or some other race or creed on this website it doesn't matter so why ask. If it matters to you then maybe you should fined a another site to go on that makes you sign in by race and creed.

I agree. Race has no relevancy to hunting, fishing, or trapping. And neither does that damned flag. We have no requirement or interest in anyone's ethnicity. What the hell kind of dumb question was that anyway?

• Like 1

My suggestion would be that we start a collection here and send these confederate flag wavers on a small vacation to Detroit.  We would see how bold they would be waving that flag over there.  LOL

Damn good chance that the flag wavers would be assaulted or killed by a bunch of racists…. So Im out, as far as pitching in cash

Edited by ants

I agree. Race has no relevancy to hunting, fishing, or trapping. And neither does that damned flag. We have no requirement or interest in anyone's ethnicity. What the hell kind of dumb question was that anyway?

My guess is his race bait bucket was getting a little full. But he did limit out..

Would I get chastised if I changed my avatar to a picture of the Pyramids of Giza?  They were built with slave labor.  Would I be accused of being an anti-Semite?  Are we going to demand they be torn down? 

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 2

This was a trolling thread by the author, as he so loves to do. But, it gets him attention because, so it is what it is.

Except for a few thick-skinned women, it appears this is a white men's club. If there are any non-white members, please tell us what you think of members displaying Confederate battle flags as their avatars in the wake of the slaughter in SC.

Whatever anyone is trying to communicate with these flags, is their use good for huntingny.com? Will it make others feel welcome? Is it good for hunting?

Nope, so why did you even post this? To boost your post count and cause ripples! We all do it from time to time.

OMG...Sticks and Stones may break my bones ,but the color and design of any AMERICAN flag can't hurt me.....Really? Native Americans should be offended by any flag flown and they should be the only ones.

There, I fueled a different BS session for those that seem to need it on either side... :rolleyes::popcorn:

There you have it folks! I was getting flooded on FB with all this BS. When I made a post about if the "White Man" didn't have the 'boom-stick' this country would still belong to the natives. Shut most of them right up! America was born on the blood of the Natives! The ones that were slaughtered and put into little areas called "Reservations". How proud the people flying that Rebel Flag must feel! Killing and worse women and children! Thank you Grow for adding this point before I could.

Detroit? Try Rochester, Buffalo, Albany, or even my neighborhood. They would get a fast lesson in how to get your ass kicked, or far worse.

Stupidity, ignorance, and hate have no skin color! They just have idiots abound. i was asked why "White Pride" was considered racism. My reply was simple, hate is hate!

I am 52% Native American! So all you "slobs" get the hell off my land!!!!!!!1