Happy Birthday Lawdwaz!!

Cabin Fever

Just an update on yesterday......... :)

My wife and I thought about going up to see her father in Waterport but with all the heat, humidity and lousy a/c we went to plan B.  I sent Pygmy a quick PM and inquired if he and the Mermaid wanted to meet my wife and I down at the Mountain View in Atlanta NY for their family style chicken and biscuits Sunday only dinner.  They agreed to go and we set a time of 4PM.

Hmmm.......now what are my wife and I going to do on the way????  Well. a friend reminded me of a fine little spot down on the east side of Hemlock Lake (south of the south end), just north of Springwater called Reynolds Gully.  It's a series of small waterfalls  in ravine with some super steep walls.  (you can Google more info)

We made it to the spot around 2:00pm or so, made the hike up and had a blast!  It is an awesome place to visit, easy 10 minute hike upstream and some gorgeous country to boot.

IMG_0286_zpsbzqp6a5s.jpg

IMG_0294_zpsiy587nc0.jpg

IMG_0313_zps3okdjlhn.jpg

IMG_0315_zpshwiubtj6.jpg

IMG_0326_zpsfhwanaez.jpg

After our hike we took a slow ride down to Atlanta and me up with Dan (Pygmy) & Sis (The Mermaid) at the Mountain View.  Dinner was delicious and the company even better, we all left stuffed to the gills!

IMG_0332_zpselb6kg6z.jpg

IMG_0329_zpsthksafrc.jpg

After super Kathy and I headed up north past my uncle's old cabin in Naples, off Garlinghouse Rd. Then we stopped at my friends in Canadice for an after dinner vodka & tonic and a nice Macanudo cigar around the hot tub.  (he was in, we weren't!)

We made it home shorty after 9pm, fat and happy.  The best birthday in years!

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 4

Btw I'll be strapping those LW sticks to a tree next week !

I took the wife and daughter to Elmo's last week as well , she ( the daughter) moved into an apartment near by.

I forgot to respond to this.........good luck with the sticks, they're as good as it gets!

Sometime when you are coming in, give me a heads up and I'll meet you again.  Did you get wings again and if so, how were they??