22lr ammo

when I was buying some it was pretty much 6-8 cents per round for high velocity brick stuff like Winchester wildcat, rem golden bullets, and CCI chootem ammo.  when I split cases with others for standard velocity more consistent target ammo it was 12 cents per round.

if you have ammo now I just wouldn't buy it.

Bricks are 500 round boxes, those are 100 rounders. But yeah that is pricy. I bought the same Remington ammo for $9.99 about a week ago.

The last time a bought a 500 round brick I paid $29.99.

Lol thanks. I always thought a brick was 100 because it looked more like a brick. Ya learn something new everyday.

My SR22 does not like much but CCI and those are harder to find. I have seen a bunch of Federal and Remington around last couple of weeks though.

I believe you can change the recoil spring, or lighten up the factory one. It will cycle better with the lighter loads.

SOP with the 10/22's  and Mark I/II/III"s for anything like serious target work with subsonic ammunition.

I believe you can change the recoil spring, or lighten up the factory one. It will cycle better with the lighter loads.

SOP with the 10/22's  and Mark I/II/III"s for anything like serious target work with subsonic ammunition.

Yea I have replaced the factory spring. I still get a hang every once in a while with everything but CCI. Any other ideas I am all ears. I would prefer it shoot anything like my 22 rifles!!

My SR22 does not like much but CCI and those are harder to find. I have seen a bunch of Federal and Remington around last couple of weeks though.

I have an SR22,  and so do several other people I know. They all prefer CCI's…... MINI Mags to be specific. Stingers work even better, if you can find them.

Most 22 pistols are picky about their ammo.

Edited by ants

Yea I have replaced the factory spring. I still get a hang every once in a while with everything but CCI. Any other ideas I am all ears. I would prefer it shoot anything like my 22 rifles!!

I've never worked on an SR so I'm talking in generalities here.

It may need an even lighter (or shorter) recoil spring. The bolt stop will get pounded if you continue to shoot the high-velocity rounds through it though.

Maybe polish the bolt and the guides/rails? If it's relatively new, it may just need a few hundred break-in rounds to smooth out some rough edges?

If the case is fully clearing the breach but not ejecting, it may be an issue with the extractor mechanics? But a lighter/shorter spring would probably compensate for this.

Keep the breach, chamber and throat clean. A bent Q-tip with a little solvent has made problems disappear for me on a number of occasions with RF guns.

Hope this helps.

I replaced my factory recoil spring and guide rod with an after market set up made by "Brass Stacker" $20 shipped. That, combined with shooting CCI mini mags, has made a big difference. Pretty much trouble free now. They cheaper Federal and Winchesters cycle better, but still not 100%.