Moving threads to the political forum

Mr VJP

Are there some guidelines used to determine when a thread is moved to the political forum, the vast wasteland on this site?

How does a thread on hunters bashing other hunter's opinions on hunting and firearms, become political, when a couple of threads on shooting at a college, politics and gun control, do not?

Just trying to understand the logic used, for future reference.

Edited by Mr VJP

Phade, are you the one who moved it?  I'd really like to hear from the person who made the decision to move it.

I'm curious as to what criteria is used in the decision to move a thread.

Can't people just click on it if they want to?

I wasn't aware a criteria was necessary or required. Maybe one wasn't used. Nor is that reasoning or explanation necessary. At the end of the day, we can complain (I know I have), but it is a privately owned entity or operation.

Edited by phade

Not in the General Chit Chat forum they can't.  It has now been banished to a forum that most will not see, especially new members.

Yet, there are other posts that remain in the General Chit Chat forum that are along the same general political persuasion.

It's not logical and makes one wonder if their next post will be arbitrarily moved as well.

Perhaps if the person who moved it could explain the reasoning for moving posts, I could begin to understand it.

I wasn't aware a criteria was necessary or required. Maybe one wasn't used. Nor is that reasoning or explanation necessary. At the end of the day, we can complain (I know I have), but it is a privately owned entity or operation.

If this is the case, then the site becomes arbitrary, capricious, and infected with inequality.  The thought police become corrupt without any rules or checks and balances.  The site will eventually devolve into a sham site if that's the way post are going to be handled.

I actually feared it would come to this when the political forums were removed from the recent posts.

At the end of the day, if that is the case, everyone has a right to be informed of that situation in the terms they agree to, so they can choose whether they want to be subject to that type of control.

Not in the General Chit Chat forum they can't.  It has now been banished to a forum that most will not see, especially new members.

Yet, there are other posts that remain in the General Chit Chat forum that are along the same general political persuasion.

It's not logical and makes one wonder if their next post will be arbitrarily moved as well.

Perhaps if the person who moved it could explain the reasoning for moving posts, I could begin to understand it.

I agree that it would be nice to hear why, but that's just pie in the sky talk. There's no need to discuss logic if they choose not to, however. I also doubt anyone would want to nail themselves down to something that would otherwise be an issue down the road the next time judgment is used.

that was the point. You know it'd never have become a big deal if you and your buddy let off a little with the copy and past conspiracy links. I can go to zerohedge and prisonplanet too. I don't need it to be reposted here.

that was the point. You know it'd never have become a big deal if you and your buddy let off a little with the copy and past conspiracy links. I can go to zerohedge and prisonplanet too. I don't need it to be reposted here.

Excuse me?  There was no cut and paste in that thread, nor was Papist posting on it.  What are you referring to?

Are you saying it's not the post, but who posts it, that determines if it gets moved?

Are any of you guys the one who had the ability to move the thread?  If not, I'd really like to hear from the person who did.

So it's like gun control?  One man goes crazy and all responsible gun owners pay?  I don't agree that's OK, but it happened.

This is not the same thing.  Putting non-political posts there without any reason is a different issue.  I wonder if I will get any reply from who ever  moved it.

So it's like gun control?  One man goes crazy and all responsible gun owners pay?  I don't agree that's OK, but it happened.

This is not the same thing.  Putting non-political posts there without any reason is a different issue.  I wonder if I will get any reply from who ever  moved it.

usually in states other than NY, the crazy guy gets locked up and life goes back to normal. Here, the crazy man is still on the loose. I should be careful, my autisim is kicking in.

• Like 2

Well, the only person who can supply the facts about the decision to move the thread doesn't seem to feel it requires a reply.  That really should tell everyone here something.

Look, I did not address this issue because it was my post.  I’m addressing it because I believe it is wrong.  If it happened to any of you, I would not defend the action of the site.  I’d protest the wrongness of the decision just as much, because I believe it to be the wrong decision.

Now if you disagree, try to extrapolate a little regarding what you are agreeing to.  Your posts can be arbitrarily moved, or even deleted, without cause or explanation.  Without any objection to such activity, you are condoning that kind of control over your posts, as well as everyone else’s.

Perhaps you boys are OK with that type of suppression without cause or merit.  If so, please tear up your man card prior to your next post.

• Like 1

usually in states other than NY, the crazy guy gets locked up and life goes back to normal. Here, the crazy man is still on the loose. I should be careful, my autisim is kicking in.

I totally dismiss and  ignore crazy people, whether its here or anywhere else….  You??

• Like 1

Well, the only person who can supply the facts about the decision to move the thread doesn't seem to feel it requires a reply.  That really should tell everyone here something.

Look, I did not address this issue because it was my post.  I’m addressing it because I believe it is wrong.  If it happened to any of you, I would not defend the action of the site.  I’d protest the wrongness of the decision just as much, because I believe it to be the wrong decision.

Now if you disagree, try to extrapolate a little regarding what you are agreeing to.  Your posts can be arbitrarily moved, or even deleted, without cause or explanation.  Without any objection to such activity, you are condoning that kind of control over your posts, as well as everyone else’s.

Perhaps you boys are OK with that type of suppression without cause or merit.  If so, please tear up your man card prior to your next post.

It is a privately-held site, you agreed to terms, expressed or implied, signing up/using the private forum.

If the mods/owners want to turn the site color from orange to pink, it is what it is. Its their site. Same thing goes for posts that you question and seem to expect some sort of explanation, when that's idiotic based on the terms you acknowledged. You can call it BS all you want. I know I have with some of the actions they've taken, but its their site.

Not sure why you don't seem to get that. If you still have an issue, tear up your membership here and don't post/participate any longer.

Edited by phade
  • Like 2

Gee -- after looking , maybe Gun Control and Politicians had something to do with a thread being moved since both are political . 

You make my point for me exactly.  If you read the whole thread, and look at my posts this is what you would see.  Why was the "bashing" post moved when the posts on the Oregon College shootings, which contain "Gun Control and Politicians" as well as some negativity from members attacking other members, not moved?

The post that was moved was not about politics, though the discussion was derailed in that direction.  The college post is political from the start.

All I want to know is what criteria is being used to move a post to the Politics forum, since there seems to be some selective enforcement of the policy being used.  If my posts are getting special attention from mods, or other members are reporting my posts asking they be moved, man up and admit it.  I'll just put all of my posts there from now on then.

Is that too much to ask of the moderator that moved it?

Edited by Mr VJP

As stated previously, this is a private site. If they want to move ANY post ANYWHERE, they have the RIGHT to do so. You can agree or disagree, but they make the call. And ALL members should abide by what they call. Their site, they can make the rules.

No disrespect to MrVJP, but you stated your point clearly enough. Now, it is what it is.

They may have that right, but selective enforcement of that right is still wrong!

it is certainly what it is, and all who are OK with it, or are resigned to it, can accept it.  My objection stands.

This is a very leftist argument coming from you. I am surprised. It's a private site and you, after agreeing to terms, are now saying selective enforcement is wrong.

Of all people here, I would think you would most respect and honor the terms you agree to, and recognize the private ownership rights.

If you do not like this, you of all people also know, you can take your participation elsewhere.

• Like 3