Really?

nodeerhere

Yeah I've been a member for a wk and a half. Maybe I should have just stayed on the out side looking in. But after reading the forum for a month and a half I figured there were a pretty good bunch of guys here. I'm seeing I figured wrong. And I'm pretty sure that only one of my threads was about sumbody messing up my hunt. It's this thread. And I really wasn't even saying that. U guys are the ones who are jumping all over me. All I said was I wish people didn't drive deer opening wk. but I guess I'm wrong for that! Ok! And my other threads were about a buck I had lost,the moon, blind calling, bow season being over. And maybe another I forgot. But hey ur right I'll just keep my opinion to myself and I'll let u guys argue! Happy hunting! Be safe

Let the deer move on there own! At least till they know they are the game! This is why after the first wk the deer go into hiding and the rest of

gun season sucks!

Thats the long and short of it right there, Gun hunting for me is hardly even fun anymore! i much prefer having to get  my deer up close and personal... while i self film mind you!

Edited by josephmrtn

Stopped doing drives a while ago, but they are fun. Not my style, but do agree that maybe at least wait a day or so. I honestly don't see a dead buck killed on a drive being anywhere near that of a bow buck.

Should be noted a lot of deer are running on drives. Low percentage shots and wounding of brown it's down is frustrating

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Belo

Drives: very effective hunting method that can be fun. I participated in a lot of drives in my early years, and then I decided that my hunting was not going to be a "team activity". I have changed in recent years to consider my deer hunting to be an individual activity that measures only my individual abilities as a hunter. That is just a personal approach to my hunting, and not an indictment of those that participate in organized drives. I will say that our drives used to be a lot of fun, and we took a whole lot of deer, and we definitely moved a lot of deer that would have stayed bedded in the thick stuff for the whole day. So even those people quietly sitting in the woods got their portions of the deer that otherwise would not have even been seen.

• Like 2

I wish there would have been some hunters doing drives near me opening day. Maybe a deer woulda moved!!

I hunt a chunk of state and a big group from up north would come down And drive. They would start a couple hours after light. I loved it I would set a spot around the end of a swamp on a pond and just about time I was getting chilly they would push the whole side and swamp to me! I got a few deer from them over the years!! Not enough of them come down anymore but I actually enjoyed using them and it got deer moving, they were only down for first week usually.

On public land you gotta roll with the punches. On private well just like you home you might be stuck with neighbors thank ain't so fine. I would think your neighbor driving the shit outa your prop would improve yours.0

• Like 1