Two big trailcam bucks down...

WNY Bowhunter

I can add two of my better bucks to the deceased file...

The first is probably the best known age 3.5 year old that I've ever had on cam.  He was weaker on the right side this year but still a bruiser, a buck that could have been a real giant next year. I saw him bowhunting twice the last week and had a feeling that his daytime wandering habits were going to get him into trouble this weekend. Sure enough, a neighbor killed him 7:15 yesterday morning. He was the one buck that I was really rooting for to make it through season. Oh well, at least I won't be hoping he shows back up when I start running my cams again in a couple of weeks...

sDSCN0719.jpg

sDSCN0722.jpg

sIMAG1350_1.jpg

Last year:

zIMAG0350.jpg

I had been keeping tabs on this deer for a friend of mine. He was a very frequent visitor all through Sept and Mid-October...

zIMAG0242.jpg

Last night he showed up in my uncle's alfalfa field which is about 3/4 mile from where we had been getting him on cam. My cousin dispatched him with his 7MM Rem Mag. Unfortunately, he had recently broken off both brows and had a couple of deep gouges in the back of his neck.  My friend's sister-in-law heard a vicious buck fight last week in the location of the trailcam. No doubt he was one of the bucks she heard...

Congrats to my cousin on harvesting a great buck after missing the past four seasons serving in the Marines...

sDSCN0735.jpg

sDSCN0739.jpg

zDSCN0745.jpg

• Like 16

​Very nice buck, this is the class of deer we are trying for on LI.  Must be outside the ears to be a shooter.  Nice that one of our enlisted men gets not only a chance at a brute but actually scored on one!!!  Congrats to your cousin on an awesome buck!  Go Marines!!!

• Like 3