Less shots this year

bowtech2

I am talking about opening day. Other than a nice layer of snow, I couldn't have ordered a better day. Of course, Since I hunt in Western NY that is the area that I am describing. I can't say what the rest of NY had for weather.

Oh Yeah....... I got a little carried away.  Sorry I'm just slightly frustrated.

I thought it was interesting to read about the "40 acre" deer take. I have 40 acres in 8H and our take has been 7 so far. 4 buck and 3 doe. Still seeing plenty of deer and none of the big bucks have been taken so far, but they are still showing up on camera.

Typical year in 9N as far as shots on opening day. 37 before legal and 100+ throughout the day. As far as deer sightings, we can are way down. Trail can pics better than avg with bucks, below avg with doe. Deer are just not moving much during the day. Quite a few 4-6hr mid day sits without seeing a deer or just one or 2 yearlings.

Shawn

{{A guy nearby took 8 off his 40 acres .}}

Nuisance permits ? 2 dmps signed over ?

More than one hunter .

But myself bow tags, gun tag 2 doe tags then they issue 2 more second round,

Farm has a couple dozen Dmaps that each Hunter gets two , plus signed over if one does that . It's easy to get that many or more tags.

Edited by Larry302

Quiet morning in 4L.  Two shots heard around sunrise, likely from the same gun.  Sat in the stand from 5:30 until 8.  Took a still hunt walk from 8 until 10:30 through a marsh hoping to jump a buck.  Came across a bed, and some fresh scat later along the track, but no sightings.

Edited by RebelDarling