Beer

Dom

Took a trip down to Foam Brewing on our way back from Vermont. Wound up buying a small growler of their pilsner which was surprisingly refreshing and complex. And two 4-packs each of two of their other beers. Pics to follow when I get back home

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

How much was that growler? Bout $100 bucks? If I'm not mistaken each beer is around 20 or so

Fitty   Rare occasion on tap.  Bottles sell out in 2 minutes on Black Friday and I’m always hunting deer that day.  SO..... spurge it was 

• Like 1

Fitty   Rare occasion on tap.  Bottles sell out in 2 minutes on Black Friday and I’m always hunting deer that day.  SO..... spurge it was 
Damn that's a bargain! I know down in NYC restaurants sell each bottle for $50

• Like 1

As promised. Then had two more 4 packs that I left at my house for another day left is "The Fruit That Ate Itself" middle is "...Like Clockwork and right is a growler of "Late Night Tales" a Kellerbier whatever that means. 35f27b30482ee66e0f65c16e6cb4e4f4.jpg&key=ca8c40683f8d1dd2eb3235893969ab7e6ae13edb2f2d4e7e4dd7395fc1f46374

• Like 4

Like this beer, and $9 a sixer is nice .

Sadly this may be the end to hot tub posts, it seems to have a leak, I’ll open the panel tomorrow and look around . Bought one in ‘97, in 04 the manufacturer replaced that one with the current one so it’s been a good run .

832DDB42-0F84-4B4F-9529-23C60F47BB6D.jpeg

• Like 2

Sadly this may be the end to hot tub posts, it seems to have a leak, I’ll open the panel tomorrow and look around . Bought one in ‘97, in 04 the manufacturer replaced that one with the current one so it’s been a good run .
832DDB42-0F84-4B4F-9529-23C60F47BB6D.thumb.jpeg.4f56f59e9dd3626bf1880f52fd900722.jpeg

Will you get another? When mine shit the bed, I almost got a new one and instead just decided not to replace it. Nobody goes in when it’s hot outside. I found myself going in only a few times in the fall, winter, spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

832DDB42-0F84-4B4F-9529-23C60F47BB6D.thumb.jpeg.4f56f59e9dd3626bf1880f52fd900722.jpeg
Those are the girliest legs I've ever seen in my life!

10 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Will you get another? When mine shit the bed, I almost got a new one and instead just decided not to replace it. Nobody goes in when it’s hot outside. I found myself going in only a few times in the fall, winter, spring.

Got our first in ‘97 a Hot Springs for 7k , which at the time was pricey . Early ‘04 hairline cracks formed on the top of the shell where the cover rests . Hot Springs gave us a new tub , which is this one and has been largely trouble free since .

Its used at. Least 2x  ( many weeks much more ) a week all year but the heat of summer .

If this isn’t a cheap fix, I’ll probably not replace it as I’d like to use the space on the patio for more furniture. 

1 hour ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Got our first in ‘97 a Hot Springs for 7k , which at the time was pricey . Early ‘04 hairline cracks formed on the top of the shell where the cover rests . Hot Springs gave us a new tub , which is this one and has been largely trouble free since .

Its used at. Least 2x  ( many weeks much more ) a week all year but the heat of summer .

If this isn’t a cheap fix, I’ll probably not replace it as I’d like to use the space on the patio for more furniture. 

Yup. We turned that area into a firepit and 4 chairs. Problem is now my wife wants the concrete slab gone and all stonework put in, so I'll be back to the price of a hot tub anyway. But I guess no repairs, so I still come out ahead.

30 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yup. We turned that area into a firepit and 4 chairs. Problem is now my wife wants the concrete slab gone and all stonework put in, so I'll be back to the price of a hot tub anyway. But I guess no repairs, so I still come out ahead.

i'm over the metal fire pits that that eventually rust from the heat. once this garage gets done i'm building a stone fire pit. stone pavers are a PITA to set and not get hung up on chairs. i'm thinking about pouring, coloring, and stamping concrete to look like stone. otherwise it might be like the old house. pull up the sod, circular barrier around perimeter, ground grid in the middle, and add either #1 round or Pea stone.  weeding is a PITA but not a problem if you stay on top of it with white vingear, Dawn soap, and Morton salt mix.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Ya I might tear down wood fence and go two ,tone vinyl around patio ,that’s pricey as well ,trying to dress it up .

To bad your not up,here my nephew is one of the most in demand hardscape guy in Roch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

i'm over the metal fire pits that that eventually rust from the heat. once this garage gets done i'm building a stone fire pit. stone pavers are a PITA to set and not get hung up on chairs. i'm thinking about pouring, coloring, and stamping concrete to look like stone. otherwise it might be like the old house. pull up the sod, circular barrier around perimeter, ground grid in the middle, and add either #1 round or Pea stone.  weeding is a PITA but not a problem if you stay on top of it with white vingear, Dawn soap, and Morton salt mix.

Best $250 bucks I ever spent.  Those free-standing pits wear out quickly.  I built this in an afternoon and was drinking by the fire after dinner. :drinks:

20160608_145132-1.jpg

20160609_093948-1.jpg

20160610_204656-1.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

Best $250 bucks I ever spent.  Those free-standing pits wear out quickly.  I built this in an afternoon and was drinking by the fire after dinner. :drinks:

20160608_145132-1.jpg

20160609_093948-1.jpg

20160610_204656-1.jpg

i'm even thinking about putting stone or a pad around it too. plus i think it helps to gap the bottom blocks slightly to give air flow based on different ones friends and family have or had done.

• Like 1

Our “firepit” is propane and has been used once. It was last forever since I never take the cover off lol.

1aa1c05a2ccff51e6f18c85112100561.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Our “firepit” is propane and has been used once. It was last forever since I never take the cover off lol.

1aa1c05a2ccff51e6f18c85112100561.jpg

should've bought a Weber fire pit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

i'm even thinking about putting stone or a pad around it too. plus i think it helps to gap the bottom blocks slightly to give air flow based on different ones friends and family have or had done.

I didn't gap or mortar the blocks and never had any issues with air flow. YMMV

How’s that one ? Is that Jennifer Aniston? 

Excellent! Lightly fruity first smell is like the first bite into a delicious juicy summer peach. It's quite a nice double IPA. And nope. Think reality TV