Winchester vs Nosler Balistic Tip

Five Seasons

Have you thought about trying 150 grain vis. 165/ 168 grain?.

No, and only because I've convinced myself that someday I will hunt something bigger. I know it's not correct to think this way but I've always subscribed to bigger is better. I shoot 3.5" turkey shells, and a 30-06 for this reason. The only time I don't subscribe to bigger is better is with handguns where shots on target are more important to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, and only because I've convinced myself that someday I will hunt something bigger. I know it's not correct to think this way but I've always subscribed to bigger is better. I shoot 3.5" turkey shells, and a 30-06 for this reason. The only time I don't subscribe to bigger is better is with handguns where shots on target are more important to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What about a 180 grain bullet? It delivers the most foot pounds on target for the 30-06

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive got a 30-06 as well, and i shoot 165 gr core lokts threw mine. very accurate and cheap to shoot. i have only taken 1 deer with it, and it was a big doe in 2014 at 230 yards... entry and exit holes were very small though..

would like to experiment with the barnes or noslers someday... bought this gun a few years ago before safe act, it came with 6 full boxes of core lokts, a scope, sling and case for 150$ :) so im trying to use up the core lokts first...  

• Like 1

LET EM GROW, on 23 Dec 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:

I do believe it is legal to order ammo online now, they revised the safe act and lifted that ban, "so im told". I havent tried to order ammo online yet though. I will attempt after the holidays 

I attempted to buy some bullets 3 or 4 months ago and was unable to.  I'll try again and see what happens. Perhaps it has changed since then. Thanks !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...