Illegal Tagging of Bears

BizCT

Oh my..... She's been a NAUGHTY girl....

She must be PUNISHED !!

I think she should be sentenced to spend a week with me in the celebrity suite down at Mabel's House of Pleasure and Pain...

" Hello, Mabel's House of Pleasure,  Master Pygmy speaking.."

" Theresa ?  Sorry, she can't come to the phone...She's tied up right now..."    <<click>>

• Like 8

And on and on it goes as one celebrity after another gets arrested for game violations. Imagine the pressure-cooker stress of having to produce a successful show every week. It provides a pretty urgent motive for stretching, bending and breaking game laws, doesn't it? We all know that hunting is seldom that easy week after week don't we. It is obvious that something has to give somewhere.

• Like 1

I still think of that idiot Troy Gentry, shooting that tame bear named Cubby, when I hear of stuff like this. Celebrity hunters don't do us any service. Many hunting shows are just about using sex to sell garbage, & synching punk music to expensive trophy hunts that 99.9% of the hunting population will never be able to access. They misrepresent what the new hunter should expect, & cast a poor image of us all to the non-hunting public. It's all about the latest technology, or the biggest antlers, or the hottest woman. All of it is about as far away from what hunting should mean, as it's possible to get. 

Another amazing thing, is how often these celebrities just happen to draw highly exclusive tags. Makes you wonder.      

I wouldn't mind if hunting tv just went away.

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 2

I still think of that idiot Troy Gentry, shooting that tame bear named Cubby, when I hear of stuff like this. Celebrity hunters don't do us any service. Many hunting shows are just about using sex to sell garbage, & synching punk music to expensive trophy hunts that 99.9% of the hunting population will never be able to access. They misrepresent what the new hunter should expect, & cast a poor image of us all to the non-hunting public. It's all about the latest technology, or the biggest antlers, or the hottest woman. All of it is about as far away from what hunting should mean, as it's possible to get.

Another amazing thing, is how often these celebrities just happen to draw highly exclusive tags. Makes you wonder.

I wouldn't mind if hunting tv just went away.

Never really watched any hunting shows to know, but I agree, these celebs doesn't do us any justice. I second Pygmy's punishment to this beauty queen.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

In case you'd forgotten, this is Marketing 101, sex sells! For its' influence on the TV hunting shows, you can blame (or thank) Tiffany Lakosky and the infamous flying carp episode.  :rolleyes:

Maybe some of these are truly illegal acts..? Have to wonder, where was the guide when this all happened? Who was paid how much to simply look the other way in order to get the required KILL for the TV show?

I quit watching those hunting shows a few years ago when they pretty much became Reality TV. This is how hunting is? I can do this too, right? Maybe I actually can't, so lets throw in a beauty queen to spice things up.

In case you'd forgotten, this is Marketing 101, sex sells! For its' influence on the TV hunting shows, you can blame (or thank) Tiffany Lakosky and the infamous flying carp episode.  :rolleyes:

Maybe some of these are truly illegal acts..? Have to wonder, where was the guide when this all happened? Who was paid how much to simply look the other way in order to get the required KILL for the TV show?

I quit watching those hunting shows a few years ago when they pretty much became Reality TV. This is how hunting is? I can do this too, right? Maybe I actually can't, so lets throw in a beauty queen to spice things up.

Actually, these shows have become non-stop infomercials as the peddle one product after another. Even the hunting parts of the program are being blended with close-ups of various logos, and special attention to listing and labeling each miniscule item and gadget used during the hunt. Its never anything instructive or anything that adds to the story being portrayed on the show ...... just blatant, unabashed advertising. I can't even say that they are even clever about it anymore as the hawk their wares.

But then that's where the money and desperation come from that drive these illegalities that are becoming common-place in the headlines, and making hunters in general look like unprincipled outlaws killing animals at any cost and without restraint. It's not the sort of thing that will strengthen hunting as more and more hunters drop out in disgust.

• Like 1

I dont really watch hunting or fishing shows, anymore.  But, I will say this.  If not for these shows, I may have never become an outdoorsman. 

When my father was in college, he hunted a time or two, so he says.  In his words, he "never cut a hair."  He did get me into fishing when I was a kid, but aside from that I had no family whatsoever that hunted or fished. 

When I was in 2nd or 3rd grade, I would wake up at 6 in the morning, before anyone else in the house was awake, and I would always watch ESPN outdoors, from beginning to end.  It was usually 2-3 hunting shows and 2-3 fishing shows.  The fishing bug had already bit me by that age, but those shows really planted the hunting seed in my mind.  I begged for a bow every December until I finally got one for my birthday when I was 12, I think.  That was my first season bow hunting and the rest is history. 

For all you stonethrowers, yes I hunted alone from the age of 12, yes that is illegal, I know.  My old man took me and a friend to our hunters safety course, we got our licenses and got our tags. Legality never crossed my mind at the time.  I just went out in the woods behind the house and hunted and loved every minute of it. 

• Like 3